Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Yea its a good idea! It's kind of nice to have the BMW one for around $35 and isn't really much compared to the other options. You most likely can utilize the 10mm bolt near the shock tower by the air filter as your holding area on E46s. I believe that bolt is for the SMG reservoir.

someone did that here :
    That looks tidy. Much better than a PS fluid soaked sock over the reservoir.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    That looks tidy. Much better than a PS fluid soaked sock over the reservoir.
    It does! I don't personally like the loop around the cap. I would rather unbolt the extra reservoir and twist off the cap.

It does! I don't personally like the loop around the cap. I would rather unbolt the extra reservoir and twist off the cap.
    I agree. Looks like the guys that did this removed the seal inside the brake reservoir to allow it to vent, so no need to drill a hole after all!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I agree. Looks like the guys that did this removed the seal inside the brake reservoir to allow it to vent, so no need to drill a hole after all!
    I removed the seal already. I need to pressure test it to see if it actually does leak lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the e90 M3 have the fenders flared as much as the f80 does?

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Does the e90 M3 have the fenders flared as much as the f80 does?

I'm not sure. If we are strictly speaking widths specifications from the tech sheets,

E90 non-M sedan 71"
    E90 M3 sedan 71.5"

F30 non-M sedan 71"
    F80 M3 sedan 73.9"

I removed the seal already. I need to pressure test it to see if it actually does leak lol
    Were you able to pressure test/road test to see if this works as hoped? I really want to clean my engine bay after PizzaMan and I do our oil pan baffles, but hate to do a thorough cleaning if the PS is still going to pee everywhere
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Were you able to pressure test/road test to see if this works as hoped? I really want to clean my engine bay after PizzaMan and I do our oil pan baffles, but hate to do a thorough cleaning if the PS is still going to pee everywhere
    I didn’t pressure test it but I did road test it. It works perfectly.

Update 2019-06-30

CIC Navigation Hard drive to SSD
    Coming from a background in the IT industry, I usually worried about failures in hardware and the navigation unit in our systems is a magical 4200RPM IDE 2.5” hard drive that keeps me up at night :lol: Even though it is an automotive grade HDD, I think the 10 years its been in there is worrisome to me! I was not the only one worried about this and many on the forums have successfully cloned the drive and transferred it over to an SSD. So I decided to jump in on the same idea.

#Benefits
    Faster read/writes
    Faster all around for everything
    Less moving parts
    Have a backup on my computer as well as 2nd drive for backup.

# Parts list
    Current drive:
    Toshiba MK8050GAC | 80GB 4200RPM Automotive Grade IDE 2.5” Hard drive

Replacement drive:
    RECADATA 128GB mSATA SSD
    Ableconn IIDE-MSAT mSATA SSD to 2.5” IDE adapter

Cost was under $80 and was not very difficult to install. Few folks showed interest in the RECADATA mSATA as it is an enterprise SSD with a larger temperature range that was similar to the existing Toshiba HDD. The Ableconn mSata to IDE adapter has the Marvel chip that plays happy with the CIC unit. I ended up using a StarTech Adapter to connect it to my MacBook.

# Replacement Process
    Remove CIC hard drive from car
    Connect to my MacBook via an IDE to USB adapter.
    Use the follow command to copy the disk to an image
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/disk2 of=~/Desktop/cic_backup.img bs=
    Connect the new mSATA SSD to the computer
    Code:
    dd if=~/Desktop/cic_backup.img of=/dev/disk2 bs=64k
    # Extend Partition
    I didn’t bother with this part as I don’t really use the space. I will probably fiddle with this in the future.

# Impressions
    Overall, nothing out of the ordinary. Bootup is still similar but the navigation seems a little snappier. Copying the image to my computer took 1hr 25min and writing the image took about 1hr since I used the same IDE adapter. I am happy with this "upgrade." I think I can sleep better knowing the CIC unit won't cave on me cause of a failed hard drive.

Comestic “Upgrade”
    #Euro Tailights
    Regional differences between cars always facisnated me as sometimes other countries get a better option that North America cars. The ECE tails have one major difference: turn signals light up amber instead of red. Visually, the tails are also similar but with a slightly more pink turn signal area when compared to the DOT version. It's pretty hard to tell them apart when they are off, but when you know, you know right?

You can sort of see the pink on the ECE tails when you compare it to the DOT tail light in the middle.

When they are mounted, it seems to be very difficult to detect the changes. Only the keen eyes looking for it will be able to tell.

Installation was simple, 3x 8mm per side.

That's it for this update. Till next time.

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast