Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    To enable that you have to remove 5AP and 8S4 from the system, then code the light control module and camera module with that so it turns both ECUs into Euro. Once that's done you can turn on everything.

I believe the people in forums are mostly the ones who have either grown up with driving premium vehicles and have very little good to say but complain about the the great things they already have or they are just misinformed on how the system works like when you're in the city with street lights and ambient light is fringing on when the system activates the highs.

Just the low beam LED are really decent which I thought my OSRAM CBI HID Bulbs would still be better with but ground penetration with LEDs are just as good if not better in most cases. Having extra beam to the right or left is better than nothing and it's nice to just see that extra. When you don't pay attention to it you just see further ahead period. Normally when following someone you don't really need a beam going past them since they're your warning but it was nice that as I pass them the light is just shot straight out past them and there it no question that it's safe to pass in complete darkness. The isolated light tunnel seems only apparent if I do a quick lateral jog to see the light move and adapt to the condition I'm in but it's not worse than just low beams.

It could just be me too....LOL. Things easily keep me in wonder. I work around people who have nothing and I am always reminded of what my hard work has allowed to afford and enjoy as I live through this journey!
    Ahh, you are doing it via VO Coding. There is so many differences I want to know before attempting a VO coding change. I normally do FDL coding as there are items not default in VO.

Anyways, further research has shown the M2 LCI guys have tested deleting 5AP and doing VO Coding and the tunneling effect doesn't work. I'll just stick to VDL since its low beam adjustment only.

Yeah that's it! haha..I just followed the instructions as per F10 members threads. There's a lot in the F30 forum too. Seems like the coding is generic to all F series. I just did the navigation update too and learned how to generate a lifetime FSC code. This is so different compared to E46 and NCS...but once you get it working it seems easier. Installing the E-Sys software was FAR more easy! My friend wants me to do his E92M...but I have no idea what to do there...LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Yeah that's it! haha..I just followed the instructions as per F10 members threads. There's a lot in the F30 forum too. Seems like the coding is generic to all F series. I just did the navigation update too and learned how to generate a lifetime FSC code. This is so different compared to E46 and NCS...but once you get it working it seems easier. Installing the E-Sys software was FAR more easy! My friend wants me to do his E92M...but I have no idea what to do there...LOL
    E-Sys is an interesting program! The E-Sys launcher premium thing has been a whole ordeal with expiration dates and etc. Luckily there is a re-arm script for now.

I like keeping the VO coding from the factory so when the dealership needs to update the car, they can do it without fuss and complaint it was "tampered." I'll have to agree with you that E-Sys is much larger GUI based coding but NCSdummy was created for the sake of making NCSexpert managable.

E9xM is more traditional like E46 with NCSexpert. Are you trying to generate a lifetime FSC code for your friend? This is probably the best way to do that: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1461515

The latest maps is a North American 2019-1 Premium Maps set for CIC unit. https://mega.nz/#!i24ESaTY!ZVETn8yf0...v5KvZde0PZYaXw

E92M they want front corner lights delete and EDC delete as they just installed JSW coils....I think that's the brand..the shocks have external reservoirs that are metallic cyan in color.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

E92M they want front corner lights delete and EDC delete as they just installed JSW coils....I think that's the brand..the shocks have external reservoirs that are metallic cyan in color.
    Front corner delete has a few parameters. Here is my NCSexpert list of items I have done or saved. There are some fun options like Euro MDM. I would imagine you are fairly comfortable with NCSexpert!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Jupc3c94PLXxgg

EDC delete is pretty simple and uses NCSexpert as well. I deleted mine as well when I went to MCS 2-way coilovers.

## Code out edc
    1) Disconnect EDC module. It's located on the passenger side rear quarter panel, accessible through the trunk. It's the module with 2 connectors (white and blue). Can't miss it.
    2) Remove option $233 from Vehicle Order in CAS using FA_write; then change ECU and FA_write the NFRM.
    3) In KOMBI set EDCK_ALIVE_ZAEHLER to nicht_aktiv and EDCK_ID_MONITOR to nicht_aktiv.
    4) If you have the first gen idrive (08) in CAPPL set EDC to nicht_aktiv. / if you have the later idrive in CIC set EDC_CIC to nicht_aktiv

# BMW's missing power outlet
    For whatever reason, BMW decided that E90s with smoker package cars do not get the extra power outlet underneath the glovebox post-2010. Since I really liked that location for a power outlet, I started to look at my options on how to do this. After some research, I decided to relocate the existing ashtray power outlet and replace the ashtray with a spectacles tray. Removal of the ashtray was simple but the removal of the power outlet was a pain in the arse! Ripping off the plastic piece around it, I was able to relocate it to the rear. I even retained the LED that lit the ashtray to make the LED power outlet glow.

There were a few optional trays for the E90: open storage tray, spectacles tray with cover, ashtray with cover, and euro business cards with cover. I opted to the storage tray so it could utilize the old leather cover. With the relocation of the power outlet, this was a perfect solution to provide better storage.

The tray is definitely a much better option for usable space in that area.

# Maintenance/Prep
    Yesterday I decided to do some maintenance and prep for Laguna Seca on 4/20/18.

1. Bimmerworld stainless steel brake lines
    2. PFC08 Brake pads
    3. New OE Rotors
    4. Transmission fluid flush
    5. Differential fluid flush

First and foremost, I have to say. The inner rear brake lines are 100% a bitch. The lack of space in-between the subframe and the white hose in the way made for a hell of a time removing them. On top of that, there was minor surface rust on the brake line nut because it was an East Coast car. This didn't help the 11mm wrench to grab the nut and extended my work on the rear lines for far too long. After that was tackled, the rest of the items were pretty straight forward.

After cleanup, I went on a test drive to bed in the brakes on new rotors. I did a process of 10 60mph-5mph stops with cool down with a repeat 10 60-5mph stops with a final cool down. The cross hatching on the rotor surface from the factory are now gone. It also makes a perfectly clean BBS go to this:

The PFC08 brake pads squeal like a pig on the streets but since I'm prepping for a track day, this is fine for now. After the track day, I'm debating if I want to buy PFC Z-Rated or go back to OE stock pads for the street. I don't think it will matter too much and I already have brand new OE pads sitting in inventory. I'm pretty sure the OE pads are compatible or if not, the PFC08 is aggressive enough to clean the rotors properly for street pads to be bedded in.

# Coding
    In a previous post, I mentioned "finding" adaptive headlights II and it was just a simple coding parameter to get it to work. This weekend, I coded AHL2 to a friend's 2009 E90 and he reported the headlights do swivel based on speed. This confirms it works on M3s as well as non-M E90s. I have not been able to verify it on my own car as I did not drive it at night yet. I did see the headlight adjust itself wider when it was in Auto and it was stationary. Also I moved back to halogen angel eyes so I upped the voltage to 13.7V in NCSexpert to keep it brighter and whiter.

A very eventful Sunday to say the least. Till next time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Name:  phXAE0Ih.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  101.4 KB

New helmet. Idk if I want to keep the logo on there. It looks off cause its a white banner on a white helmet.

I like it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I like it.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast