Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    I like it

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Looks like a whale

I like it

Thanks guys. I ended up ripping it off cause it looks cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad beluga

Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

# Laguna Seca 2019-04-20

Earlier in the year, I signed up for Laguna Seca HPDE hosted by SpeedSF on 4/20. This would mark my first HPDE in over 3 years and my first HPDE in the E90. It was safe to say, there was a lot of rust to clear up! In hindsight, I should've done a track day in full stock form but oh well!

Current setup:
    MCS 2WNR Coilovers
    BBS GT4 on 275/35/18 PS4S
    PFC08 brake pads / Castrol SRF
    BW SS brake lines

The weather in the morning was definitely not behaving as the morning sessions were a “tad wet.”

Open 2 group was the first ones out which made it more fun! Lap times were ranging in the 2:10.xxx mark during this session simply because it was so slippery.

Luckily by lunchtime, the weather started to clear up and I was able to get some decent laps in. I finally was able to get into the groove by the last session of the day.

## Impressions
    MCS coilovers were simply amazing. Since this was my first day out with the car, I was more focused on fine-tuning the nut behind the wheel before fiddling with the setup too much. At the end of the day, I felt like I was in a great position to improve times without fiddling with the setup too much.

I ended up setting the MCS to the following settings:

Front
    Rebound: 16 clicks
    Compression: 6 clicks

Rear
    Rebound: 14 clicks
    Compression: 6 clicks

It is not set in stone but I still need to fix the driver before I can start fiddling with the suspension more.

The Michelin PS4S tires were great but definitely not ideal for a track day. They did perform great in the wet whereas the folks on NT01 were having a hoot in the earlier sessions. I felt like I was getting them greasy at the end of the afternoon sessions even at my slower pace.

Brake pedal feel was okay and the PFC08s were not warming up enough for the first few laps (Another telltale I was too slow for the car) and squealing. They definitely were powerful enough to activate ABS on the PS4S so that was a good sign they were doing their job.

## Video

I started to fiddle with RaceRender and it's been really cool to throw in Harry Laptimer data and GPS data from the GoPro Hero5 into the mix. It makes a very cool compiled overlay with a decent amount of information. If HPDEs become a little more serious, I will "invest" into an Aim Solo2 DL. For now, this will do pretty well!

Lap Time: 1:47.11
    I am happy I was able to at least get a 1:47! My old E46 was doing 1:49s so I was hoping to save face by at least beating my old slower car. :lol:

My quick analysis says I was early apexing T2, T3, early braking T5, early apexing T8 to name a few obvious areas needed for improvement. I saw one of the M3post members Kpewpew was doing 1:42.xx so I have a few ways to go once I have some better tires.

Next HPDE will most likely be in the summer months so it will put a test to the brakes and PS4S. I'll run the PS4S until it wears out and purchase one of the 200 treadwear tires to replace it.

That's it for now. Till next time!

That audio is way too good for a GoPro. Did you have an external mic?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    That audio is way too good for a GoPro. Did you have an external mic?
    Ahh yes. Audio Technica MTR3350 external mic right below the rear license plate area.

That video is proof the e9x was the best generation M3. There will never be a sound like that from any Bmw going forward. Damn.

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast