Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    That's just a beautiful thing. Exactly how I would have got it I think too. I'm heavy breathing over it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Me likey.
    Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    You got yourself one fine ///M Derek! Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for her! Enjoy my friend!

Thanks guys! I'm glad I found myself a nice gem. I was a little bummed not to have the desirable competition package but after a little re-assurance from friends, it made sense not to have it. I was planning to upgrade the suspension and rims anyways which would defeat the purpose of buying a ZCP.

derekkk u son of a....sick car...need vids and tips on how to move on too...

-Daniel
    OEM BMW Performance (Missing cams and seats)
    LEVEL ONE // Euro Techniks
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete

Congrats Derek! Got yourself a unicorn for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Congrats on finding you gem so quick! It took me 6 months to find my car. I really like it in white.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

do these cars come with power fold mirrors stock/oem?
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi169 View Post
    derekkk u son of a....sick car...need vids and tips on how to move on too...
    Find a Sucke..I mean buyer for your car by showing them awesome pics of your car

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Congrats Derek! Got yourself a unicorn for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Congrats on finding you gem so quick! It took me 6 months to find my car. I really like it in white.
    I was honestly very surprised. I was expecting to hunt for at least 6 months like yourself. What did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    do these cars come with power fold mirrors stock/oem?
    It is part of the premium package. I think it may be optionally added to those without ZPP.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I was honestly very surprised. I was expecting to hunt for at least 6 months like yourself. What did you get?
    My ZHP...9 years ago... has it been that long?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    My ZHP...9 years ago... has it been that long?
    I was thinking you moved on to something else without me knowing

When I was looking for my ZHP, I think it took 6months to find a car that wasn't even fully ideal. I was looking for an Alpine White, Premium, Cold and I somehow settled for a Black Sapphire, Cloth, fixed back. The price helped back then. This time around, I spent more than I really wanted but I got a nice one.

Before we digress too far, back to my M3

# Competition Package EDC
    The Competition Package Electronic Damping Control has revise settings compared to the standard EDC from the M3. There is mainly two differences that has been noted online.

1. 10mm shorter springs on the ZCP.
    2. Revised Sport Mode to enable variable dampening instead of static 75% stiffness.

In addition, the control of the electronic damper adjustment function EDC includes a Sport mode specially developed for the Competition Package. It is said to adjust the chassis modifications by means of map-based control and the driving stability control function DSC.
    ##Goal
    I originally wanted a ZCP M3 cause those Style 359 rims are the best rims BMW makes. The Suspension had a slight difference that probably would've made me keep the car stock in that aspect. However since rims are just rims and I read on forums of people successfully coding in their EDC to ZCP EDC, I decided to start hunting how to do this. Forums were somewhat unhelpful as most of the folks who knew offer paid services to do it. I'm not about that.

Code my standard EDC into ZCP EDC and document it somewhere online.
    The DSC portion of the ZCP package I believe is just Euro MDM. Euro MDM allows more slip angle than the US MDM. Nuff Said.

That is coded into the MK60_M3.Cxx with the follow parameters:
    Code:
    US_VEHICLE    Nicht_aktiv
    MDYNAMIC_MODE_USA    Nicht_aktiv
    M3_UEBERSTUEUERN_MUE_0    wert_00
    M3_UEBERSTUEUERN_MUE_1_2    wert_00
    ### The Research
    With the help of NCSDummy, I opened up the DATEN File for EDCK65.C1A to see input values and their corresponding data values.

Short description:
    dx9023 = Non-ZCP E90 with EDC
    dx9030 = ZCP E90 (EDC is standard)

As shown above, the options row shows the requirements to meet in order to use that value as default. An exclamation mark means negate in this situation. The Data row is the output to the module and in this parameter, they are identical. This means this parameter doesn't care if you are a ZCP or non-ZCP, you are getting this value no matter what.

However, in the below one they are different data values of C8 and A0. What these actual values mean is beyond me. However, this helps conclude my research to a specific finding.

### Proposed coding

Code every parameter to dx09030 should apply all the values from a ZCP to my EDC module. I suppose you don't have to do every parameter as some of them offer the same data value but it is faster(lazier) to just code dx09030 all the way through.

I'm pretty sure this will work as most people suggest feeling revised settings after coding in the ZCP values. However since they either didn't know what they were coding or someone did it for them, I am not 100% sure this will work. (99% maybe.)

I hope I will have some time this weekend to fiddle with it.
    Last edited by derbo; 10-30-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Subbed! I've been going back and forth on picking one of these up or getting an employee lease on an F80. Looking forward to your build

Quote Originally Posted by poke08 View Post
    Subbed! I've been going back and forth on picking one of these up or getting an employee lease on an F80. Looking forward to your build
    There’s no doubt the F80 is one sexy, and downright impressive car, but the E9x is the last of an era (yes I know they say that about every single generation of ///M car).
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast