Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    You’d think you could somehow either open the housing up and create a shield to bias light another way or for someone to create an LED with a shield for perfect light distribution.
    BavGruppe does make replacement rings but I really don't feel like opening them up to deal with it.

# Power Bug
    Currently, I have been bitten by the power mod bug. I already have an AFE Carbon intake dry filter on the way due to some outrageous discount pricing from AFE. On the exhaust side of things, I really like my OEM exhaust 4-pipe mod but would like to uncork the exhaust a bit. From what I gathered so far, the stock primary cats are the restrictive portion of the exhaust and that the secondaries can be retained without sacrificing a lot of power. With that in mind, an x-pipe with primaries deleted while retaining secondaries and resonators should increase power levels while keeping odor and sound increases to a minimal.

MotorIQ has a great article about utilizing v-band clamps on both the OE primary cats and test pipes to allow for interchangeability for track use and street/emission testing. I really like this idea and it seems fairly cost effective as well!
    https://motoiq.com/project-e90-m3-pa...xhaust-tips/3/

I also heard that Bomiz is in the works creating an X-pipe with HFC secondaries and resonators. With IND possibly bringing back the Challenge sport X-pipe with the HFC secondaries and resonators, there are a few options that have HFC secondary cats.

1. Rogue Engineering Test pipes + v bands
      Allows for easy replacement of OE Cat again and also probably the cheapest option. It will also require the least amount of storage space since stock x pipe is 1-piece. Spare parts space is a premium here.
    2. Evolve X-Pipe + HFC secondaries
      This is a $2600+ X pipe... Looks great though.
    3. Bomiz X-Pipe + HFC secondaries
      ETA unknown, probably cheaper than Challenge Sport pipe
    4. Challenge Sport X-pipe
      HFC secondaries + secondaries. ETA unknown if IND will bring it back, probably $2k or more

Decisions decisions..

I most likely will end up with option 1 with Rogue Engineering resonated test pipes and v bands so I can swap out for our biennial emissions testing.

The M2 has v bands on the exhaust, very easy to deal with...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    The right way to do things!! I just need to find a welder in my area that can do this properly and actually do the work too since this technically removes emission equipment and is not CARB legal.

When we moved here. I didn't know anything about the performance scene. I went to the local cars and coffee and started asking people where to go for dyno, fab work, machine shops, etc. Now I have a whole list of of locals... When you ask people at a meet like that, you usually are going to find the talent instead of the hacks.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    frig... i love the symmetry

i need one of these E90 M3s....

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    The right way to do things!!
    tell me about it. the 335i has v-bands on the turbos, but the downpipe-to-exhaust connections are still the same old 2-stud-per-pipe situation as the ZHP, and the studs rust into nothing before the car even leaves the dealer lots...

i should change my downpipe-to-exhaust mating flanges to v-bands...
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post

Something something not a project.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Something something not a project.
    LOL. that's PM, bro!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    frig... i love the symmetry

i need one of these E90 M3s....

tell me about it. the 335i has v-bands on the turbos, but the downpipe-to-exhaust connections are still the same old 2-stud-per-pipe situation as the ZHP, and the studs rust into nothing before the car even leaves the dealer lots...

Vbands aren't majorily expensive. It is really finding the right person to do the welding properly. I haven't Jegs.com in years! I used them when I had my old 93 turbo civic and needed all sorts of AN fittings etc. With 2 Vband clamps, 6 flanges, the total comes out to be about $75. Thats pretty good!

Power bug?
    Ok, I see a supercharger in your future!
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    Power bug?
    Ok, I see a supercharger in your future!
    Haha that is a whole different exhaust setup. I have a fascination with bolt ons and the magical 400whp number. I most likely won't hit it but I like to be close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast