Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Give this vid a watch of a mode carbon lip install.

https://youtu.be/k--y87cqYbA

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I follow Matt. He has a very nice garage and collection.

# Intake time!

I ended up buying an AFE carbon fiber intake from AFE right after new years. It just so happen I was looking up the SKU to add to my "buy list" and noticed that AFE was selling the intake system on an overstock pricing of $217!! I posted it on the US M3 V8 facebook group and many folks were able to take advantage of it. Either way, I ended up paying $234 shipped because of tax in CA.

## Installation
    The installation wasn't too bad. The only thing most folks should be aware of is that the silicone coupler for the plenum to intake is an incredibly tight fit. I had two plastic toothbrushes as my picks to loop the tube over. I will not be looking to doing that again. Fit and finish are great. The stock airbox cover is a little tight and required some pressure to get the screws to reach the bottom piece. Overall this took about 15 minutes but I heard some folks were having trouble for up an hour.

## Impressions
    Power wise. Don't feel any real difference except a little better response under 4k. Intake noise seems to have increased a bit as well. I'm very happy with the purchase considering it was $234 instead of the normal $500 or so price range. Most folks I've talked to who did a dyno showed net gains of 6-10whp so I'll take it!
    Last edited by derbo; 01-18-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Well done. Congrats on a great deal !
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Plus, gotta luv cf intake!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Who cares if it adds any performance... that looks sweet!

Next time you have to put that boot on, use a little heat to soften it up.... a hair dryer should do the trick.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

# Spoiler time!

Let's add more carbon fiber right?! The factory BMW Performance spoiler has always looked so good so I went for one.

The weave and quality are what you expect from a factory piece. Removing the stock spoiler I used a plastic putty knife to help ease lifting the spoiler off. It feels sturdy and very strong. I went with 3M double-sided tape and it feels sturdy and strong. I'm very happy with it!

Oh my...let me go clean myself up
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Damn, you're making me wish I had gotten the wife the spoiler instead of the other stuff I got her...
    What color 3M did you use? gray?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    Oh my...let me go clean myself up
    LOL. I usually have wet naps in the car

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Damn, you're making me wish I had gotten the wife the spoiler instead of the other stuff I got her...
    What color 3M did you use? gray?
    Yea, I heard people like the clear acrylic ones cause its thinner but it's okay. there is a little more height with the gray one but it is not noticable until your eyes are next to the trunk inspecting it.

Per IG, it looks amazing. I wish they made an OE part like this for the ZHP
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast