Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I miss the sound of the 4.8is in our e53... and the 360HP
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    I need a V8 in my life....

For sure! I need one so badly. Pretty much, everything thing is turbocharged these days. I know V8 car, but I should, because the value of thru V8 German sedan is still affordable.
    Derek, your move to E90 is very logical for me. I love a good 4 doors sedan! Since BMW never produced a four door version of e46, e90 is the way to go. And M3 is the great example!
    Going backwards to e36 four door m3 in USA is quite a joke, because of that terrible engine.
    I am looking forward to the great project thread of 4 door, slick top and that's important, V8 M3.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I totally agree. A friend of mine has a E36 3/4/5 (M3 4door 5speed) in alpine white and it will be fun to take a look at his car next to mine. That S50/S52 USDM models are piss poor compared to the euro S50 with 313hp..

I'm very happy I did not compromise for a coupe. At one point I was starting to give up on the sedan search (2 weeks in..lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    I miss both the V8s I had... a 460ci in my tow vehicle and the 4.2 bi-turbo in my RS6. Both seemed to get the same MPG.

LOL!
    Torque must've been amazing. This S65 only has a measely 300ftlbs at 3900RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I miss the sound of the 4.8is in our e53... and the 360HP
    I loved the torque in that E53. I remember not fully sitting in my driver seat and I press the gas. I was instantly pushed back into my seat. I don't really get that feeling with this M3..

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Going backwards to e36 four door m3 in USA is quite a joke, because of that terrible engine.

Having had an S50 in my E30, I can say that the S50 is far from a terrible engine. It is reliable as hell, has great torque for what it is, sounds AMAZING with an intake, and when installed in my 2800lb E30, kept pace with E92 M3's. That's a 174 hp deficit with only a ~700 pound weight difference.

Yes, it is underpowered and frustrating knowing that we could've had better, but to call it terrible isn't fair.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Torque must've been amazing. This S65 only has a measely 300ftlbs at 3900RPM.
    Downright addicting. I still think about jumping on the skinny pedal and grinning like a mental patient. I still miss that car; I troll BaT and found one today with 11k miles on it... Gives me bad ideas of ripping out the DRC system and converting to 6 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Having had an S50 in my E30, I can say that the S50 is far from a terrible engine. It is reliable as hell, has great torque for what it is, sounds AMAZING with an intake, and when installed in my 2800lb E30, kept pace with E92 M3's. That's a 174 hp deficit with only a ~700 pound weight difference.

Yes, it is underpowered and frustrating knowing that we could've had better, but to call it terrible isn't fair.

The E30 is just a downright fun car. My Fiancee's E30 M50 project car feels so raw and fun. I love driving that thing when i get a chance to.

Downright addicting. I still think about jumping on the skinny pedal and grinning like a mental patient. I still miss that car; I troll BaT and found one today with 11k miles on it... Gives me bad ideas of ripping out the DRC system and converting to 6 speed.
    DO IT! BE ILLOGICAL! haha.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    DO IT! BE ILLOGICAL! haha.
    No. Seriously. It's a good idea. The most troublesome parts of that car (the DRC and the auto trans) can be replaced for better. My RS6 stood on PSS9s and Mich PSS - fucking glue, man. Swap the slushbox for a proper 6 speed? Pure sex on wheels. (cue: My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult)

I bought my RS6 less than a month after The Beast was born. Solid logic: ​It will be troublesome to get a car seat into a BMW coupe. I need a sensible family sedan. All wheel drive, safe, auto box so The Beast's Mom can drive it, and gobs of horsepower, a metric shit ton of torque. Rare, so parts are expensive. And fast. Yeah, fast.

Stopped for speeding in it less than a month after I bought it. Extra legal speeds, in the rain, at 430a, going to buy coffee. That stop went well. Then, there was the jaunt heading home to Vegas from Kansas. Lots of legal, but eye-brow raising training gear in the trunk. Balls deep in triple digits blowing past Utah HP... Not my smartest move.

I had to sell it, I was going to land in jail. Now that I am older, more mature, less impetuous, I think I can handle the responsibility.

No. Seriously. It's a good idea. The most troublesome parts of that car (the DRC and the auto trans) can be replaced for better. My RS6 stood on PSS9s and Mich PSS - fucking glue, man. Swap the slushbox for a proper 6 speed? Pure sex on wheels. (cue: My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult)

I bought my RS6 less than a month after The Beast was born. Solid logic: ​It will be troublesome to get a car seat into a BMW coupe. I need a sensible family sedan. All wheel drive, safe, auto box so The Beast's Mom can drive it, and gobs of horsepower, a metric shit ton of torque. Rare, so parts are expensive. And fast. Yeah, fast.

Stopped for speeding in it less than a month after I bought it. Extra legal speeds, in the rain, at 430a, going to buy coffee. That stop went well. Then, there was the jaunt heading home to Vegas from Kansas. Lots of legal, but eye-brow raising training gear in the trunk. Balls deep in triple digits blowing past Utah HP... Not my smartest move.

I had to sell it, I was going to land in jail. Now that I am older, more mature, less impetuous, I think I can handle the responsibility.

That's funny cause here I am in the M3, trying to keep the EDC.

## Bluetooth Streaming
    During my hunt for an E90 M3, I wanted to buy a 2011.5 E90 because of it's magical migration from the TCU/ULF to a COMBOX. This meant the car would be capable of Bluetooth music streaming. 2011.5 production started in 9/2010. Unfortunately, the M3 I found was built in 5/2010, 4 months shy of the COMBOX production change. Since I don't have bluetooth streaming, I wanted to find a solution without going the full OE Combox retrofit as it is at least $500 in parts.

Enter Tune2Air WMA3000b. It is a bluetooth receiver with a Y-cable adapter for the USB/AUX in the center console. This allows for steering controls to work and track listings to display. For $89, it was worth a shot.

I attempted to try it but I wasn't able to get it working 100% last night. Tracks were not displaying on screen and the steering controls were not working. I did noticed I didn't have any music on my phone. Late last night, I tried added some music to see if the native music app would work. This morning, as I was going to try the native music app, Spotify automatically started playing and my steering wheel controls worked! I wonder if just having one or more songs on the phone registered it to work. I'm not sure but I'm happy that it works and saved me $400.

##Navigation
    The CIC navigation isn't the greatest thing in the world. Even though its sub-par I still want the latest version. I checked my navigation version and it is the original 2010 map data! I've been digging around online and found the annoying method to install a map update. A FSC code is required to update the maps even if you source the map data from somewhere. The FSC code is tied to your VIN somehow and requires paying someone for it or someone who knows how to do it with a FSC generator. I found the online resources to generate one and I managed to get through the first steps: getting the data from the car and generating a FSC Code. Next up is uploading the Map Data and using the FSC generated code. I will figure out if it works soon enough.

Edit:
    So far, so good.

Last edited by derbo; 11-03-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Good luck. Sucks you have to go through so many hoops for something as simple as updating the maps.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Good luck. Sucks you have to go through so many hoops for something as simple as updating the maps.
    Technically, you could just pay $300 to the dealer and they can do it for you. Either way, I generated a Lifetime FSC Update code instead of a one-time use one.

On another note:

https://jalopnik.com/bmw-recalls-1-4...isk-1820124021

BMW issued a recall for just about every E9x.

Year: 2011
    Make and Model: BMW M3 Sedan
    October 25, 2017 | Recall Campaign No. 17V-676
    BLOWER MOTOR WIRING
    Last Updated: November 3, 2017
    DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM
    This recall involves the wiring for the system, known as the blower-motor, that controls air flow for the heating and air conditioning system. Over time, the connection between the wiring and this system could deteriorate and, in rare cases, could lead to overheating.
    SAFETY RISK
    If overheating occurs, this could further lead to a short circuit or melting at the connection. In extremely rare cases, this could lead to a fire.
    DESCRIPTION OF REPAIR
    The remedy is not available yet. The wiring will be inspected and a new part will be installed. Additional components will be replaced, if necessary, as determined at the time of repair.
    For additional information or assistance, please contact Customer Relations and Services at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com or at 1-800-525-7417.
    RecallLetter.pdf

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast