Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Yup

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post

There is something about that carbon fiber rear spoiler that looks so right.
    +1

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post

There is something about that carbon fiber rear spoiler that looks so right.

Before I decide to throw money for Black chrome side gilles, I ended up using some gloss black wrap to the gilles to see how it looked.

The result is definitely acceptable for now. Let's see how long this will survive before I cave and buy new ones.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks JR! Chrome is cool and all, but I love the new gloss black/black chrome look. It just looks more menacing.

Now that I'm about 1.5 years into ownership, I wanted to compare the ZHP again (from what I remember of the car)
    There were a few major points that I loved about my old ZHP:
    1. Suspension
    2. Steering
    3. Brakes
    4. Looks
    5. Sound

Suspension was great in the ZHP but now that I've experienced MCS 2-way..I have seen the light in proper adjustment!

Steering. Hands down the ZHP steering rack is way better than the M3. After I got the Alpine Tune with servotronics update, the steering variable ratio feels a lot more natural and heavier. It's still not the same as the ZHP rack but its definitely an improvement. I will also note that the E9x steering is still way better than the F8x steering.

Brakes. Stoptech ST40 definitely made the pedal feel amazing. I'm not sure I will be able to "fix" this on the E9x without spending a heap of money but for now, PFC08s + SS lines will have to do.

Looks. The E46 sedan is still my favorite in MTECHII form. The E9x M3 is starting to creep up more and more.

Sounds. While I love the ZHP with TSE3, the E90 has now taken over as my favorite noise thanks to crazy induction noises from the front, and mean noises from the exhaust. Can't argue with a V8.

Would I ever be back in a ZHP? The more I think about it, the more I should've kept the car to be a daily and bought an M3 to match it. But the Civic is cool for not caring about it and being a workhorse.

The black grilles look great. Chrome is really nice on other colors, but white just screams for the kind of contrast only a gloss black can provide.

Interesting comparison between the two cars. The sounds of the S65 are really nice (and definitely superior to the S55’s flatulence).
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    The black grilles look great. Chrome is really nice on other colors, but white just screams for the kind of contrast only a gloss black can provide.

Interesting comparison between the two cars. The sounds of the S65 are really nice (and definitely superior to the S55’s flatulence).
    Yea, Gloss black makes so much more sense.

Car Suspension Steering Brakes Comestics Sound Power
    E46 ZHP
    Ground Control Coilovers
    Stoptech BBK ST40
    M3 Rear end
    TSE3 Exhaust
    GC Coilovers + Sway bars made this car really fun at the track while amazing on the street. I love the steering. It was solid and direct. ST40 brakes have amazing pedal feel. Strong firm pedal without being overly sensitive. Confidence inspiring. E46 sedan is my favorite looking sedan. The MTECH II kit looks so right M54 + TSE3 IMO is the best setup for the E46 Power is low for today's standards but 3.62 LSD made the car super fun
    E90 M3
    MCS 2way Coilovers
    Exhaust Mod
    This suspension has major fine tuning to adjust to the terrible roads in SF. It makes the GC look like child's play but you also pay for that.. Thank god its still hydraulic, the variable steering ratio makes its a little awkward but still amazing. Stock brakes are lacking and I am hoping PFC08s and SS lines will help. E90 Sedan is one of my favorite sedans as well. That rear end! Exhaust 4pipe mod makes the V8 sing so well. I love the noise! HP is significant boost from the ZHP but it has lots of top end. I think 400whp would be the golden number for the E90

For me, the E90M3 is a natural evolution of the ZHPE46 sedan. Chassis development has shown how the newer car can be stiffer and while the chassis is indeed a whale (3700lbs), it also has one of the greatest NA engines BMW ever made. That V8 sound is so intoxicating and gives me giggles everytime I downshift. With the MCS suspension coilover setup to mimic the 991 GT3 suspension, the car feels like a luxury street car that can still take abuse at the track. The servotronics was a bit awkward to learn in the beginning but after the Alpine MSS tune, it feels a lot more natural now. My goal with this car is to create a wonderful street car that can track (ie. M3 CS wannabe). With the exception of the stock brakes, the car is sitting very close to my goals.

Of course, with a newer car there are always quirks. Throttle actuators, motor mounts, and rod bearings are common failures that I already replaced. The car also loves to get spark plugs every 12k or so. The car gets about 14-17 MPG which ends up being only 200-250miles before the fuel light turns on. I already expected that maintenance costs is higher just due to being an M3. 9 quarts of 10W-60 and an Oil Filter is roughly $133 in parts!

When I look back at my old ZHP, the car was great minus a little less power than I wanted. I think my decision was sound to let someone else (Brett) take care of it as I drove way too many miles for the maintenance (even though lower than M3) make sense.

FWIW, my Civic turns 2 years old end of March and I'm already at 64k miles.

Pic for attention:

looking beastly derek

but i still miss your zhp haha

-Daniel
    OEM BMW Performance (Missing cams and seats)
    LEVEL ONE // Euro Techniks
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi169 View Post
    looking beastly derek

but i still miss your zhp haha
    Brett sent me a nice pic of it the other day

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast