Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Not the same! Need to see you in it haha

-Daniel
    OEM BMW Performance (Missing cams and seats)
    LEVEL ONE // Euro Techniks
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete

# Update: 2019-03-08
    After coding Variable Light Distribution (VLD) to my wife's F87, I started to wonder if E9x was capable of something like this since we also have Adaptive Headlights (AHL). Turns outs, we have something similar that is also disabled in the US (Thanks DOT!) called Adaptive Headlight II.

# Adaptive Headlight II
    The headlights utilized the motors to move on both the X-Y axis and X-Z axis. This allows for both left/right adjustments as well as up/down leveling. With AHL2, the headlights can have different presets for different conditions.

This pic helps sum out the output of the headlights during 6 different things.

1. Basic: Normal parallel conditions that the US gets.
    2. Low speed/City: Driver light aims to the left and both lights slightly lower for better visibility for potholes without blinding folks in the city.
    3. Guiding fog light: M3 doesn't have fogs so this doesn't pertain to E9xM.
    4. Highway speeds: Headlights stay parallel but aim a little higher for further distance.
    5. Adaptive headlights: Headlights following steering wheel input. This is the default for US.
    6. Corner lights: This is already enabled for our inner headlight light when we have our turn signals/steering wheel turned at low speeds.

So what do I have to do to get it?
    It turns out to be really simple.

# FRM Module
    Code:
    AHL2_Enable = aktiv

That's it! I'll have to test this.

For more reference, here is the awesome thread I found from 2013.
    https://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843765

Pretty cool that is an option.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Pretty cool that is an option.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    New tech is pretty rad.

Hi, My name is Derek and I love sedans.

I removed all the “de-code” options from my dad’s F10’s LED headlights. Going full Euro on variable distribution and anti-dazzle high beams has been amazing. I don’t get why the gov’t in North America is so slow and apprehensive about technology from well respected corporations. I took one drive to test it this week and I was a believer. It’s weird seeing everything with high beam visibility but no one is flashing you or road raging.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    I removed all the “de-code” options from my dad’s F10’s LED headlights. Going full Euro on variable distribution and anti-dazzle high beams has been amazing. I don’t get why the gov’t in North America is so slow and apprehensive about technology from well respected corporations. I took one drive to test it this week and I was a believer. It’s weird seeing everything with high beam visibility but no one is flashing you or road raging.
    Well at least the US is making progress. They finally allowed laser headlights; it's now available on new BMWs here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    New tech is pretty rad.

Hi, My name is Derek and I love sedans.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Well at least the US is making progress. They finally allowed laser headlights; it's now available on new BMWs here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    For once, Toyota is the one that started it. Post from last Oct 2018.

https://www.nydailynews.com/autos/ne...icle-1.4043781

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced Thursday that it would finally move to allow advanced headlight designs to be used in vehicles on U.S. roads to help prevent accidents at night. Though the release dubbed the technology “adaptive driving beams,” this decision paves the way for a whole host of advanced headlight tech, including Audi’s currently-banned laser headlights to finally reach our roads.

A petition by Toyota in 2013 got the ball rolling for these adaptive lights, which operate at high-beam level as default and can dim or divert the beam when oncoming motorists are detected by photo sensors. In its release, the NHTSA said that this technology has “potentially significant safety benefits in avoiding collisions with pedestrians, cyclists, animals, and roadside objects.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    I'm looking at the ones on the wife's F87. The executive package includes the camera in front of the rear view camera that could allow anti-dazzle high beams to work properly. I'll have to dig into a little more! From what I read, VLD works perfectly fine but Glare-free High beam (GFHB)

S563A Light package
    S5ACA High-beam assistant
    S5APA Decode, anti-glare FLA high-beam assist
    S8S4A Decoding variable light distribution

Sounds like I need to rip out S5APA, and S8S4A. I manually enabled VLD through the E-SYS parameters.
    Code:
    Front Electronic Module > Expert Mode > 
    3073 LaMaster1 > LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y > 9C,9C,9C (Both)
    3073 LaMaster1 > C_AFS_ENA > Enable (Both)
    I haven't found the GFHB coding yet and I'm still not sure if the isolated light cones works based on everyone's responses on the forums.

To enable that you have to remove 5AP and 8S4 from the system, then code the light control module and camera module with that so it turns both ECUs into Euro. Once that's done you can turn on everything.

I believe the people in forums are mostly the ones who have either grown up with driving premium vehicles and have very little good to say but complain about the the great things they already have or they are just misinformed on how the system works like when you're in the city with street lights and ambient light is fringing on when the system activates the highs.

Just the low beam LED are really decent which I thought my OSRAM CBI HID Bulbs would still be better with but ground penetration with LEDs are just as good if not better in most cases. Having extra beam to the right or left is better than nothing and it's nice to just see that extra. When you don't pay attention to it you just see further ahead period. Normally when following someone you don't really need a beam going past them since they're your warning but it was nice that as I pass them the light is just shot straight out past them and there it no question that it's safe to pass in complete darkness. The isolated light tunnel seems only apparent if I do a quick lateral jog to see the light move and adapt to the condition I'm in but it's not worse than just low beams.

It could just be me too....LOL. Things easily keep me in wonder. I work around people who have nothing and I am always reminded of what my hard work has allowed to afford and enjoy as I live through this journey!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast