Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Soooooooo jealous

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    That video is proof the e9x was the best generation M3. There will never be a sound like that from any Bmw going forward. Damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    Soooooooo jealous

Thanks guys!

Yes. The external mic setup is pretty decent and I enjoyed it.

Very cool!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

## Impulse Wheel Purchase
    I've always been a fan of JDM cars and the tuner culture they have. The infamous TE37 wheel has always been a dream wheel of mine and I had a chance to purchase a set.

Specs:
    TE37SL Double Press Black
    18x10.5 +20 Squared
    BNIB

The classified ad said it was pressed graphite but when I received them, it ended up being double press black. I spoke with the seller and it was his honest mistake and we figured out some options and worked things out. I have to give him credit for working with me to deal with the mistake as not every seller is willing to do that for a private sale that isn't governed by like eBay or something similar. Anyways, here are pics of these lightweight wheels:

After inspecting the wheels in the sun, I came to realize its a metallic like black finish which looks awesome with direct sunlight! It reminds me of Black Sapphire Metallic which happens to be my old E46's color. The subtle metal black sticker is a really nice touch as well. I have yet to decide if I want the sticker on yet or look for another color set.

I was planning to get 275/35/18 tires but RS4 discontinued this size so I will most likely get Z3 for now.

## Hub "Restoration"
    Since the TE37SL do not accept center caps, I decided to paint the center hubs black as looking at rusty center hubs is ugly! My brother came up with a great template to just paint the hub from a cardboard box. It didn't survive after 4 hubs but it did the job wonderfully! He used BBQ high-temperature satin black aerosol paint which made this a dead simple job.

[header=Suspension Squats][/header]

As the official pictures of Laguna Seca started to roll in, I couldn't help but noticed the car was squatting in the rear right after the corkscrew. These pictures were in the morning sessions when it was wet and I believe I left my suspension settings in street mode.

Looking at my rear inner fender liners I saw some nice wearing of plastic!

Even if it was in street mode, there is definitely a rise of concern that my spring rates were too soft for the track. I spoke to Wyatt@MCS suspension to gain some insight and he suggested using bump stops to add some spring rate after reaching a certain amount of stroke.

MCS Bumpstop

Next time I take off the wheel, I'll do the measurements and see what my options are with MCS. It is definitely interesting that he suggested using the same technique as BMW M utilizes the front bump stops for additional spring rate at the limit. I dig it!

Till next time.

TE37s look great but those BBS will be impossible to top, in my mind.

As a forewarning: if you used the Rustoleum BBQ high heat paint, the satin scratches and scuffs ridiculously easily (I used it to paint my brass fireplace doors black and a swiffer dusting cloth scratched the finish).
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    TE37s look great but those BBS will be impossible to top, in my mind.

As a forewarning: if you used the Rustoleum BBQ high heat paint, the satin scratches and scuffs ridiculously easily (I used it to paint my brass fireplace doors black and a swiffer dusting cloth scratched the finish).
    This is true. I love the BBS GT4. The main plan is that the TE37 are going to be basically track wheels since 10.5 wide is a bit much for the street. I most likely will keep both sets.

Since it is the inner hub area, I hope scratching will be limited. Either way, it's better than rust!

Being a JDM guy, I love the TE37 wheels. Especially in that blue color

How much weight are you shaving off with them?

-Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    Being a JDM guy, I love the TE37 wheels. Especially in that blue color

How much weight are you shaving off with them?

TE37SL are 18.6lbs for 18x10.5.

The GT4 are 21.6lbs for 18x10

Stock 219M are 24.36/25.9lbs 18x8.5/9.5

Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast