Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Saw that. Hopefully they have a quick fix, but knowing BMW, it won't be.

Navigation update complete!

It took about 1hr to do the update with 4 USB sticks which isn't too bad considering how slow USB Flash drives transfers at. Now I have 2017 maps for a navigation I will probably never use. LOL. I guess its better than 2010 maps..

I'm starting to get used to a 16.6 gallon tank eating up about 250miles average before the light comes on. #V8Life

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    I had to sell it, I was going to land in jail. Now that I am older, more mature, less impetuous, I think I can handle the responsibility.
    I call BS. You're not fooling anybody.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I call BS. You're not fooling anybody.
    <Lazlo, doing math in his head>

Let's see, you and I met somewhere around summer of 2014, right? That would have put me at 42/43 years of age. I'm 46 now.

I bought the RS6 when I was 37 right after The Beast was born. Then, I was worse than I am now, and still on the front end of a move to Sin City. Let that sink in for a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    <Lazlo, doing math in his head>

Let's see, you and I met somewhere around summer of 2014, right? That would have put me at 42/43 years of age. I'm 46 now.

I bought the RS6 when I was 37 right after The Beast was born. Then, I was worse than I am now, and still on the front end of a move to Sin City. Let that sink in for a minute...
    Mmmhmmm. The eyebrow remains raised with a look of skepticism.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Mmmhmmm. The eyebrow remains raised with a look of skepticism.
    I have no way to prove otherwise, those records are sealed.

I've been driving the M3 over the weekend.

We went to visit Kalim over the weekend and saw his little track beast with his red queen hiding behind the covers.

On the way to his place, I got an oil is at the minimum. The first top-off of the car! I dropped by BMW Fremont to buy a quart to fill up.

The beast sleeps. Both sedans are S54 powered.

Springs + spacers make a huge difference in the looks department. I have the Eibach Pro Kit with 15/12 spacers, my cousin has the Swifts on his E90 M3, we measured before/after and the drop was identical, even though the Swifts claim to be just slightly lower than Eibach. Both look awesome, and like you said you retain EDC.

Jeff
    E90 M3
    F15 X5 50i M Sport
    Former ZHP owner

Quote Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
    Springs + spacers make a huge difference in the looks department. I have the Eibach Pro Kit with 15/12 spacers, my cousin has the Swifts on his E90 M3, we measured before/after and the drop was identical, even though the Swifts claim to be just slightly lower than Eibach. Both look awesome, and like you said you retain EDC.
    Thanks for the input Jeff! Fiancee's 335i is lowered on Swift Spec R and I am very impressed with the ride quality while still reducing body roll during cornering. EDC is very odd on the M3 simply because the bumpstops were engineered differently that I normally think about suspension. The bumpstops were designed to be not just prevent bottoming out but also act as a progressive spring rate to give a softer spring rate on light compression and stiffer on heavy cornering. The suspension travel is very low on stock height and lowering it does compromise the travel. Hopefully Swift doesn't hurt it too much.

I think I will be planning in terms of suspension:

Coding ZCP EDC settings - Checked
    Swift Spec R Springs
    New Bumpstops
    Vorshlag Camber/Caster Kit
    15/12 Spacers
    Wheel Studs

The pace when these items are done will be determined on how long it takes my car to be up and running with maintenance first. Rod bearings first!

My cousin loves the Swift's, definitely a great choice Derek!

The Eibach's don't feel any stiffer/harsher than stock to me, but improve handling and looks - I only went with Eibach because I'm not really a big mod guy (OEM+), and aside from Dinan, they advertise the most conservative drop, though again the front ended up being a full inch (same as the Swift's) even though they're quoted at .8 inches.

Good call on rod bearings - other than a OneEighty headlight retro-fit which I had to do (hate the stock coronas), rod bearings were one of the first things I did. Great piece of mind, and even though we probably both plan to drive these cars for a long time, having the RB's replaced will make it easier to own/drive/enjoy these cars, and easier to sell when that day comes!

Look forward to following this thread.

Jeff
    E90 M3
    F15 X5 50i M Sport
    Former ZHP owner

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast