Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
    ## Labor Day Weekend

I met up with locals wyatt and jordan for a mini cruise. Turns out we all had slicktop E90s! :lol: It was a very short cruise but it was interesting to hear an Eisenmann Sport, M performance exhaust, OEM Exhaust mod around the Berkeley hills. We didn't get to take a lot of photos of the cars so here is just one obligatory one. Next time around, we will try to get more folks for a cooler pic.

After the meet, I continued on to wander around since I was already there.

Nothing really new to report. I just passed smog today and fiddled with my Apple CarPlay module to confirm the module is the reason for the lack of audio clarity and bass. I will be working with the vendor to resolve this issue.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be giving up on installing a lip until I move to a driveway where I can clear it without scraping going out everytime. Resonated test pipes are on back on the list of items I want but I think there will be no new parts till 2020 as other priorities are shifting up on the list. The car at this moment is at a very good place to enjoy as is.

#New Steering wheel
    For whatever reason (probably cause I miss Alcantara now that I don't have it), I decided to buy a new steering wheel to replace my perfectly good leather one. The BMW M performance wheel is nice but it is a blue stripe where I wanted a red stripe. Since the red stripe wheels are rare and seldom come up in classified, I opt to go with a company that rewraps OE wheels. Enter LederManz. They will pretty much do anything to a wheel at your request and their pricing isn't bad at all. Pricing varies based on what you want to do and the best part is there is no core to ship back.

#Review
    I decided to go with M colored stitching, Alcantara, 12'oclock red stripe and a flat bottom. This looks like a factory performance wheel and included an Alcantara steering wheel trim. I opt to keep the factory M trim so the Alcantara trim is sitting around. all the brackets and etc had to be transferred over from my old wheel but it was expected. Build quality feels very OE like and I think it could pass as a factory wheel. The overall thickness of the wheel is lower than the factory leather one but it should be similar to the M performance one. That's okay cause I have tiny hands. :bellyroll

I haven't driven it yet but initial impressions are very good. If I had to do it again, I might have to buy a leather version of this!

This wheel is rad

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That’s beautiful. I love the look of flat bottom wheels but I couldn’t get used to driving with one.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    That’s beautiful. I love the look of flat bottom wheels but I couldn’t get used to driving with one.
    oddly enough, you would think it would be harder, but since I mostly will be holding at 3 and 9 while driving fast, this isnt a problem. While cruising, the corner where the flat edge starts sort of develops a ball like an area. This feels very natural and comfortable to hold your palm right there. But I don't have any real driving with it just yet. I just installed it and retorqued the bolt down.

Looks good

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

# More "necessary" parts

Last weekend I decided to message Steve, the new owner of a dream build e92 I've been following about a few parts. Steve mentioned in his introduction thread that he would have so minor parts removed, so I jumped on checking in with him. I ended up buying two things I've been looking for but didn't have the heart to buy yet.

## BMW Motorsports tow strap
    The first item, I've been somewhat interested in for a while. The BMW Motorsport tow strap. This item had a little foam stopper that goes behind the tow hook cover. Since it required a slit tow hook cover, I also asked to purchase that! When you tug on the tow strap that is exposed through the tow hook cover slit, the foam stopper pops out the cover. Neat simple idea!

### Part number

## BMW ECE aspherical mirror glass
    The other item, I've been wanting for a while now is the European aspherical mirrors. It seems the majority of Americans hate this mirror because the 2016 Civic offered it on their driver side and people complained to the point that my 2017 Civic hatchback no longer offers this option. 0259:

In my previous E46, I had ECE aspherical mirrors and loved them. The glass shape on the M mirrors seems to be exclusive to the E9xM and E82M so finding a used set is fairly rare. Since they don't pop up on the classifieds that often, I figured I ask Steve if he had a price for them too. Luckily we were able to negotiate to a number we both were comfortable with. It worked out!

###Part numbers
    Heated and autodim

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...67#51168041951

## Front end shot

I'm happy with what I got, and the red theme continues!

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950