Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    ##Bearings
    From my research, it seems like a lottery for factory bearings to wear properly. I'm not sure the severity of the actual cases but it is enough of a concern for myself to spend the extra coin. This car will get some track time and I want a little insurance that the engine isn't going to grenade due to bad bearing clearances. I’ve read about issues with coated bearings still and the only real solution is the BE bearings.
    I replaced mine with BE bearings at 63K miles earlier this year and condition on the originals was not bad at all. Some minor wear, but I had a ways to go. But of course there's no way to know that until you get in there. And at that point, it makes sense to replace them.

Another M3 owner had his bearings replaced same week as me, same shop - his car had 57K miles and look how bad his were -
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1352151

I assume you'll do the motor mounts at the same time? Mine were totally shot.

##Angel Eyes
    I haven't really looked at aftermarket rings beyond just the lux 180 bulbs. The stock design is really silly and makes for poor light distribution with led bulbs. I️ mean look at it!

Right, it's a bad design. I actually prefer stock over most (all?) of the LED bulbs - I'm personally not a fan of those on the E9x M cars.

Do you have a pic of the one-eighty lights on your car?
    I have quite a few - it's easier for me to text them than post here...if you PM me your # and I'll text some over if you're still interested.

Jeff
    E90 M3
    F15 X5 50i M Sport
    Former ZHP owner

Those bearings you link me really scare me. Even though it's an 08, the mileage is on par with what I have.

Time to build that parts list and get a shop to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I got switchbacks white/Amber for my car after I saw them on Trevor's M3.

This thread is gone git gooooood!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Worked on my brother's 335d suspension today. OMG screw putting back OEM springs on. What a pain!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#Update
    In a previous post, I mentioned I was planning to go this route due to the OE look while sounding slightly louder.

There are a few variations of the OEM Exhaust mod and the one I decided to go with is called "The Perforated" mod. The 5/6 perforated pipes in the above picture are replaced with solid pipes and the baffling is removed from the inner chambers. This variation provides a better growl while not droning in the cabin. It reminded me of the TSE3.

Here is a video of it:

I researched online for local muffler shops who had experience with this modification. All the local posts point to Exhaust Works in Belmont, CA. Todd has done numerous of these modifications and when I contacted him, I was quoted $300 and 3hrs downtime. Not bad at all! During the service, Todd allowed me to view the underbody to gauge the rust on the underbody. Overall it isn't that bad but I do want to look into addressing it. JP mentioned Rust Converters so I'll have to talk to him more about it. Us California boys been blessed with good rust-free cars so I don't have a clue on how to treat it. Back on topic, Todd did an amazing job. The exhaust ground straps broke and I'll have to order some new ones.

Initial Impressions
    Cabin noise is still quiet and I don't have to yell to talk. There is no drone yet the noise is a little deeper in tone. When I go WOT, the interior noise sounds louder and I bet it sounds alot better outside. It just sounds more V8-ey.

While driving in traffic home, I passed a friend's work in ugly traffic and he spotted me from his window.

As the M3 sleeps next to the old timer.

Cheers, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

wow that sounds so good... selling car now for E90 V8 funds
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    selling car now for E90 V8 funds
    Paypal sent! LOL! I better get a call if you sell your sedan...

Todd allowed me to view the underbody to gauge the rust on the underbody. Overall it isn't that bad but I do want to look into addressing it. JP mentioned Rust Converters so I'll have to talk to him more about it. Us California boys been blessed with good rust-free cars so I don't have a clue on how to treat it.
    the easiest thing to do would be to wire-wheel it off to get a bare surface, then 2 coats of POR-15. you'll never have to worry about it again.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    the easiest thing to do would be to wire-wheel it off to get a bare surface, then 2 coats of POR-15. you'll never have to worry about it again.
    Thanks! What do you do with the rusted bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    wow that sounds so good... selling car now for E90 V8 funds
    When I was deciding between the e46 and the e90, those videos plus factory sedan made the decision for me. I was never a coupe guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    Paypal sent! LOL! I better get a call if you sell your sedan...
    Haha!

I just got back from a night cruise with my family of friends. Only six cars were able to make it tonight: 1991 Toyota Supra turbo, 2013 Subaru WRX STI, 2008 Honda Fit, 2001 porsche 911 turbo, 2017 Porsche Cayman 718.

It's the first time I opened up the M3 in a more fun excitement. What an amazing car. I am very impressed how the car drives in my preset m mode. Beginning to wonder if I need suspension..

Power: Sport
    Steering: Sport Plus
    EDC: Sport (ZCP coded)

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast