Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprint Booster

Sprint Booster

So I finally got around to installing the Sprint Booster that I've had for a while. It was a piece of cake to install. The only thing was I broke the small tap that secures the pedal assembly to the bracket. Number 2 in the diagram.

Before installing I vacuumed out the car. After that I took a flat head screwdriver and inserted it into the side of the pedal assembly were the white tab is. Turn the screwdriver so the pedal assembly is loose and it will slide out. The white tab on mine broke and the assembly did not want to slide of the bracket because there was dirt that had gotten into the slide piece.

Once you have the pedal assembly off the bracket you now can go unplug the wire from the back of the assembly. Next you take the Sprint Booster and match up the connectors. Plug them in. After that you need to plug the switch wire into the housing. Then reinstall the pedal assembly. It took me probably under ten minutes.

The Sprint Booster is a really nice piece. It eliminates the lag when you hit the accelerator. I've driven 6 BMWs and acouple of non BMWs (G35, RX-8, and GTO).
    Last edited by mikeyb74; 04-07-2011 at 06:14 AM.
    "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

2009 Horizon Blue Mini R56 Cooper S 6spd
    2012 Pepper White Mini R56 "Justa" Cooper 6spd
    On the hunt for an e30, z3, or 318ti...

Wow, very straightforward! Does the switch simply enable/disable the booster? Where do you put the switch?

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

The switch does enable/disable the booster. There is two settings with the booster on. Green light is Sport and Red Light is extreme. I've been driving around in the Sport mode. The difference is noticeable. Extreme is crazy. So better not drive with it in extreme mode when it's wet out. I have not figured out where to locate the switch. I'm thinking mounting it in the ashtray.

Oh wow, didn't know it had different modes . . . don't M3s have an "M mode" button or something? You (or someone else w/the Sprint) should wire up the Sprint switch to that button!

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    Oh wow, didn't know it had different modes . . . don't M3s have an "M mode" button or something? You (or someone else w/the Sprint) should wire up the Sprint switch to that button!
    M3s, e60 M5, and e63/e64 M6 all have the "M mode" button. If my car had the individual switches instead of the one switch the DSC and heated switches that would work awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb74 View Post
    M3s, e60 M5, and e63/e64 M6 all have the "M mode" button. If my car had the individual switches instead of the one switch the DSC and heated switches that would work awesome.
    Ah . . . then you just need to find this switch bar

That would be cool but I do not have the HK hifi system or TPMS.

I inquired about one on craigs list and the guy said he was selling it because he was getting shark, I did not get it beause it was the sprint booster without the switch. After I told him that I would prefer to have one with the switch he understood and still said that if I do get one in the future that he thought it was great and definitely worth the money.

Just to ask a 'dumb' question why would you do this solution over a full software tune such as the AA Tune or Shark Tune discussed elsewhere? They address this issue and a number of others.
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

Because a full software tune doesn't do a whole lot for us 325 guys. At least that's my understanding.

I'll probably pick one of these up if I can find a good deal on a used one...

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast