Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm running stock tire size and 9.0" ET 35 in the back. pretty aggressive roll on the fender and lowered... rubs on the plastic tab over big bumps... the thing that makes a lot of difference is the tire itself. Definitely different brands of the same size tire have different widths. Also, the more negative camber your running in the back, the more clearance you'll have.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I'm running stock tire size and 9.0" ET 35 in the back. pretty aggressive roll on the fender and lowered... rubs on the plastic tab over big bumps... the thing that makes a lot of difference is the tire itself. Definitely different brands of the same size tire have different widths. Also, the more negative camber your running in the back, the more clearance you'll have.
    Sorry I've been MIA since i made this thread. Are you lowered at all? I'm looking to stay at stock height.

Not sure if it’ll help you, but for the sake of giving you more numbers to compare:

18x8.5 ET30 (225/40) did not rub until I lowered it. Now it only rubs on VERY deep compression. I’ll be backing off to ET35.

Rears are 9.5 ET42 (255/35) and haven’t rubbed once since lowering the car. I’m going to push them out to ET40 for experimentation.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Just a little update. Ive decided to take the safe route and go with 18 x 8.5 et38 all the way around. I figured i know it'll work without through any extra money at it and it will add toward the OEM+ look I'm going for. The real bonus was that i picked up a 5th wheel so i'll be able to run a full size spare.

I have 18" x 8.5" ARC-8's (ET38) with 245/40 PSS' on my 2004 330i ZHP, and they fit good and ride fine--nicely balanced and slightly less tramlining than stock. I'm not lowered (although I could) and wanted a slightly beefier sidewall to protect my wheels, fill out the wheel wells, and correct my speedo. I stuck with 8.5 to play it safe and, because I think that's optimal enough for performance--not to mention they were on sale for 25% off.
    Last edited by Reasoned1; 01-02-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    I have 18" x 8.5" ARC-8's (ET38) with 245/40 PSS' on my 2004 330i ZHP, and they fit good and ride fine--nicely balanced and slightly less tramlining than stock. I'm not lowered (although I could) and wanted a slightly beefier sidewall to protect my wheels, fill out the wheel wells, and correct my speedo. I stuck with 8.5 to play it safe and, because I think that's optimal enough for performance--not to mention they were on sale for 25% off.
    THIS. It seams like 245 is the ideal tire width when going square on 8.5s. Im going to through 235s on there. I know I'm encouraging oversteer by going square and with a narrower tire than stock but its not like it'll be uncontrollable, right?

I think they'll handle beautifully and further minimize annoying tramlining.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    THIS. It seams like 245 is the ideal tire width when going square on 8.5s. Im going to through 235s on there. I know I'm encouraging oversteer by going square and with a narrower tire than stock but its not like it'll be uncontrollable, right?
    I have 235 square and love it. Much easier to throw the car around.

235 in rear, or 255 up front

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I have 235 square and love it.
    Ditto.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    I think they'll handle beautifully and further minimize annoying tramlining.
    Believe it or not, aside from price this was a big reason for going this route. The PSS seem to be prone to inducing a bit of tramlining. That and I need an alignment lol.
    Thanks to all for putting my concerns to rest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast