Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I'm going to get you that white paper over the weekend... been swamped with work and kids
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Ok I found all of my old X5 stuff. PM me your email address and I'll send it all to you
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Ok I found all of my old X5 stuff. PM me your email address and I'll send it all to you
    PM sent

So I took a look at my suspension this weekend while I put on my brake wear sensors (down to 1 warning light, woo!) and found that my left front control arm bushing is worn and that where the shake is coming from. I ordered the stage 3 suspension rebuild kit from ECStuning. I don't know if rebuilding the entire suspension is overkill, or if at 120K miles it's going to need it soon anyways, so I might as well do it all at once.

Opinions?
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Definitely a good idea at that mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    Definitely a good idea at that mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. It probably will need to be replaced soon anyways.

First I have to deal with a bad fuel pump on the e53. It left my wife stranded last night. At least they are easy to get to.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Oltorf View Post
    I agree. It probably will need to be replaced soon anyways.

First I have to deal with a bad fuel pump on the e53. It left my wife stranded last night. At least they are easy to get to.
    bummer, but you're right - not that bad of a job. the wife getting stranded never bodes well for the vehicle in question.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

So, a few updates: The X5 fired right up with the fuel pump. *sigh of relief*

I am halfway done doing the front suspension overhaul. I had a bad inner tie rod and bad control arm bushing on the left side. I also installed one of those rough road package plate things. The strut tower reinforcement plate. My strut tower was starting to deform. I drive a lot of really really bad roads. I work in an industrial area and there are potholes and poorly done repairs all over. I'll take a picture one day.

While I was under there I started looking around for where the oil leak is coming from, and I'm pretty sure it's the oil filter housing gasket. It's all over the left side of the engine block, but not the right. I can't see any oil under the valve cover or close to the top of the engine and it never smells like burning oil, so I'm pretty sure it's not the valve cover. The only that concerns me is the oil is all over the oil pan gasket, too. I'm reeeeeaaaalllly hoping that I don't have to change the oil pan gasket.

Also I got my Avin stereo in the mail!! oh boy!

Definitley do the oil filter housing gasket first.... the way it drips, can make it look like the oil pan gasket is leaking too.
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Definitley do the oil filter housing gasket first.... the way it drips, can make it look like the oil pan gasket is leaking too.
    word. i'm going to order one of those viton ones. same with the valve cover if/when it goes.

The dealer replaced my valve cover gasket under warranty about 9 years and 100k miles ago... I just swapped it last month because I figured it needed to be done but it was still in perfect shape and pliable after all those years and miles...I don't think it necessary to get a special one for that
    H&R sport springs,

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast