Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Spoken like a true 4.8is owner
    i laughed.... and then I cried.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

ok, story time. So I've had an intermittent misfire and some hesitation at low RPMs. I got a CEL for #2 misfire so I figure it's time to change the spark plugs. I change them and put in those pricy NGKs and it runs fine for a while (and while I was out test driving it I saw a Factory Five GTM with a 680 hp LS7 for sale) and then the miss comes back about the same as before. Fortunately, I have my moments of non-stupidity and I swapped #2 and #3 coil pack and I going to get the code read sometime.

If it's not the coil pack, what else should I look for?

Issue #2

There was oil on the spark plug threads, on the outside of the spark plug hole, on the edge of the valve cover, and I smell burning oil when I'm stopped. I'm guessing it's a bad valve cover gasket. Am I right?

Issue #3

This is a good one So i drove a bit angry a while back and might have pulled up on the shifter kind of hard and now the shifter pops up about a half inch and won't go into gear. I have to push it down and then it will go into gear. What did I break?
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

#1, What kind of plugs are the NGKs you got? Single electrode ground or multiple? I'd get the codes read before doing anything to verify the miss didn't follow the coil swap.

#2 yep! sounds like a bad gasket.

#3 There is a plastic ring that holds the shifter ball in the carrier. sound like it has either popped out or is broken. Good news is, if it is that, it can all be done from inside the cabin...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    #1, What kind of plugs are the NGKs you got? Single electrode ground or multiple? I'd get the codes read before doing anything to verify the miss didn't follow the coil swap.

#2 yep! sounds like a bad gasket.

#3 There is a plastic ring that holds the shifter ball in the carrier. sound like it has either popped out or is broken. Good news is, if it is that, it can all be done from inside the cabin...
    Thanks! you're the man now dog!

They're the NGK 3199s - 4 tips.

I'm starting to think it's a VANOS seal problem, not a misfire. The description matches what's going on. I ordered a Beisan systems seal kit, VCG gasket, and coil packs. The ones on now look like they've been on for a while and they're kind of corroded looking on the inside so why not.

I did the Beisan system seal and rattle kit, VCG gasket, and coil packs. It drives so much smoother now. I have a slow leak in the power steering reservoir so I'm going to replace that and some of the soft lines. That's exciting because I'm almost done with REPAIRS and i'm getting to the MODIFICATIONS part of my list!

Also I got a winter beater -

It's...... fricking huge. Like driving a voltron around. It's going to be an off-road project. I actually get a work truck with my new job so I have more time to work on my other 3 cars *eye roll*

I should sell them all and get a bike.

Congrats on your progress and purchase. Oh, man … I always wanted to test drive one of those !
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Congrats on the newest beast!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

H2t with a slant back? That just gets me right in the feels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new beast, and nice werk on the bimmer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast