Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Corey's Electric Red 325iT. The Antiproject wagon.

Just because the wife said no more working on cars that's not my race car. More details when I get to a PC. Here's a teaser.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

"No more working on cars that's not my racecar"

So you bought another old BMW? LOL
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    "No more working on cars that's not my racecar"

So you bought another old BMW? LOL
    This time is different, I promise.

-Corey

This is my 2003 325iT auto, JapanRot over tan (ewww, but whatever). My first tan interior car, hopefully it'll grow on me.

If you are new to my story, I will give a short background. I purchased a 2003 BMW 330i ZHP in 2016 (2015?), that was potentially the worst possible example ever. Long story short I replaced all the things, installed headers, bent exhaust valves because the camshaft screws were loose, most likely by someone before me. I pulled all the ZHP specific parts and scrapped the chassis.

Now I'm here, an even better E46 owner than before. So good, that I bought another one to prove it to myself . I went on a mission to find a Touring. It didn't necessarily have to be Rot, but it had to have a short owner history and a decent list of a maintenance. I posted on the the local FB Bimmer group about wanting to buy a Touring, and I saw this one. The seller was asking a bit more than what I budgeted for, but I scraped up some coins and made it happen. I'm still feeling the effects of it, but it's worth it.

This particular car has 216k miles on the clock. The previous owner was an enthusiast for the most part and the owner(s) before that were a woman that used it for taking her children back and forward to school, and someone else before that. I'm the 4th owner (need to fact check that one). Surprisingly, all of the previous owners knew each other somehow, so it's been "in the family" if you will.

As you can see, it's been well taken care of with just a few rock chips here and there on the paint. There are a few minor cosmetic corrections to be made. The 19s rub a lot. I'll need to roll the fenders a bit. I'm not a big fan of large wheels, but they look good on the wagon.

Future plans...none because it's not a project. So I'll have to dispose of these left over ZHP parts some kind of way...

-Corey

Check engine light came on today. Previous owner said it may be the MAF. I'll have to scan the codes when I get home. Unfortunately, my old ZHP MAF doesn't just bolt up. But I can exchange it with FCPEUROs LRG.

*P0171 and P0174. LTFT are maxed out.

The mileage has be horrific. I averaged around 20 mpg last tank...and that was driving like a grandma. So whatever this light is, I hope it points me in the right direction.

The Touring is way louder on road noise than the sedan. I'm suspecting it's due to the open cabin ,or the tires, but the rear of the car was effectively isolated from the front on my old sedan. I'll do a full sound deadening treatment on it, since I don't have to worry about adding a few pounds here and there on this beast.

Last edited by DeathTrap; 04-15-2020 at 01:17 PM.
    -Corey

Replaced MAF, fuel trims are normal again.

Now I'm 99% sure I need to attack the FCABs, and if I do that then I may as well swap my whole ZHP front suspension on...well that escalated quickly

-Corey

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Hmmmmm.... haven't updated this in a while.

E-fan conversion done. Also swapped over the ZHP shroud which has a little wider opening than the stock 325i shroud. I need to get some ZHP brackets so my bumper fits better too.

-Corey

Swapped over the ZHP front suspension parts. The touring is now 1/4 ZHP. Time for an alignment.

-Corey

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast