Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    My factory NAV screen has dead pixels. I will do something about it eventually. What is that unit on your pic ... the Avant 4 ?
    Yes, the avant 4. If I can get some issues fixed then I’ll recommend it but otherwise it’s probably better to avoid it.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by Oltorf View Post
    Yes, the avant 4. If I can get some issues fixed then I’ll recommend it but otherwise it’s probably better to avoid it.
    Wait, doesn't the Avant 4 look the exact same as the Avant 3, which looks 95% identical to the MK4? The one you have pictured looks like none of those
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Keel us posted. I thought I heard good things about the Avant.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Wait, doesn't the Avant 4 look the exact same as the Avant 3, which looks 95% identical to the MK4? The one you have pictured looks like none of those
    There are a few models of the A4. The regular one you're thinking of, and 2 with bigger screens - 8.8" and 9". this is the 8.8" one. They are a bit hard to find on the website but they are there. i think there was a 9" version of the A3, too.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Here's the 9" model installed in an M3. I got a few ideas from this thread, like the dynavin bezel with USB ports.

I put the driver's seat from an M6 in tonight. I used this thread as inspiration -

https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/....992412/page-4

It goes right in, just like it says. The difference is mine is a sedan and the seat belt bolts to the frame rail and not the inside of the b-billar like it does in a coupe. I swapped outside frame rails and problem solved. Now I have new-ish leather, lumber support, and adjustable bolsters. As soon as I get the passenger side in and some other worn out parts replaced I'll post some pictures.

I put the driver's seat from an M6 in tonight. I used this thread as inspiration -

https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/....992412/page-4

It goes right in, just like it says. The difference is mine is a sedan and the seat belt bolts to the frame rail and not the inside of the b-billar like it does in a coupe. I swapped outside frame rails and problem solved. Now I have new-ish leather, lumber support, and adjustable bolsters. As soon as I get the passenger side in and some other worn out parts replaced I'll post some pictures.
    I just read through that thread on e46f... Damn, that's pretty slick. Looking forward to your photos and thoughts on the new seats.

1. Awesome

2. How's the bolstering on M6 seats vs. E46 M3 seats?

3. I am going to assume that the active side bolsters are not programmable in some retrofitted way in the E46?

4. I haven't been on E46Fanatics in ages. I am not a fan of the revamp of that website.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    1. Awesome

2. How's the bolstering on M6 seats vs. E46 M3 seats?

3. I am going to assume that the active side bolsters are not programmable in some retrofitted way in the E46?

4. I haven't been on E46Fanatics in ages. I am not a fan of the revamp of that website.
    1. ������

2. It's better. The E46 seats feel a bit like lightly padded plywood to me. M6 seats are softer and the bolstering feels like it fits better.

3. It's not active bolstering, but there's a switch to adjust it.

4. This is the only E46 site i'm on :D

The M6 seats are more comfortable. They're adjustable in more ways and softer. Not 70's Cadillac soft but soft enough for a sporty seat with good bolsters.

The link that I posted from e46F.com isn't entirely accurate for the ZHP. The OP's car is pre facelift or something like that. I figured out (after I swapped seat belt receivers... do'h) that the receivers are the same. They don't have to be swapped. The outer frame rail for the sedan is different, though. I took off 2 10mm nuts and used to my fist to get the rail off. A tube that fits over the electric motor came off with it. They swap right over, no big deal. I suspect for the coupes the seat belt does NOT bolt to the frame rail so you wouldn't have to do this.

Other than that It's a very easy swap. Totally worth it.

What bugs are you having with it ? Or what doesn’t you like about it ? Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast