Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    What bugs are you having with it ? Or what doesn’t you like about it ? Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just barely got it set up all the way and it's a lot better than the A3. The only but I remember now is that the person speaking button on the steering wheel doesn't activate Siri. I've tried doing the steering wheel setup but it doesn't work. I also need to install software for the dual DVR system. It's a pain to install the software.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

I finally hit a major milestone in my car's life! NO MORE WARNING LIGHTS. I replaced the curtain airbag, which had just been but off in the middle of the A-pillar, so I'm guessing it was in an accident before the one that totaled it, and since they kludged that repair, the SRS system was disabled and that's why the airbags didn't deploy in the last accident. So..... lucky me? That explains why the left front fender is a bit crooked.

I also had to do some electrical creativity to get rid of the last thing that was keeping the SRS light on. The M6 seats have a different seat sensor, so that was also triggering a code. I suppose you could put the E46 seat mat in the M6 seats, but I just did a seat sensor emulator. If anyone is interested in an M6 seat write-up, I'd be happy to do one. It's simple but there are a few little electrical things to do make it as factory as possible.

Also, my leaking headlight washer that is less than 3 years old caused all my windshield washer fluid to leak out so now I have a warning light for that. *twitch* I think I'm just going to plug the lines and take the fuse out for that pump. It's not like I need it here in west Texas. But my BMW OCD is making it really hard for me to not have a 100% factory car with everything working.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Congrats, man. That’s a good feeling.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Oltorf View Post
    I finally hit a major milestone in my car's life! NO MORE WARNING LIGHTS. I replaced the curtain airbag, which had just been but off in the middle of the A-pillar, so I'm guessing it was in an accident before the one that totaled it, and since they kludged that repair, the SRS system was disabled and that's why the airbags didn't deploy in the last accident. So..... lucky me? That explains why the left front fender is a bit crooked.

I also had to do some electrical creativity to get rid of the last thing that was keeping the SRS light on. The M6 seats have a different seat sensor, so that was also triggering a code. I suppose you could put the E46 seat mat in the M6 seats, but I just did a seat sensor emulator. If anyone is interested in an M6 seat write-up, I'd be happy to do one. It's simple but there are a few little electrical things to do make it as factory as possible.

Also, my leaking headlight washer that is less than 3 years old caused all my windshield washer fluid to leak out so now I have a warning light for that. *twitch* I think I'm just going to plug the lines and take the fuse out for that pump. It's not like I need it here in west Texas. But my BMW OCD is making it really hard for me to not have a 100% factory car with everything working.
    Yes, please!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Yes, please!
    you got it

Also, I finally *mostly* finished the interior.

Here’s what I started with:

Sagging headliner, trashed and falling apart seats, curtain airbag that was cut off, alcantara on steering wheel totally wrecked. Really, all the alcantara was pretty bad.

Finished:

(Warning, some of you may disapprove )

I finally have the A4 stereo working. I added a dynavin bezel because I like the USB connections. One goes to stereo and one is power only. The cig lighter is still usable, though. I suppose it would have been cleaner if I ran the cord out of the glove box straight to the back of the phone Mount, but this works too if I don’t want to use the Mount. Plus I drilled holes and added an aux cord and HDMI plug. Will I ever use them? it looks neat though. I have my own little multi-media command center.

I reupholstered anything that had alcantara and replaced the rest with Coby wheel leather. The fabric I used was intended for Porsche or VW seats. So it’s not really a BMW thing, but I figured German cars are close enough. Why Porsche used to regularly upholster seats in Scottish tartan is a good question - and I did some research and found out why.

I also replaced the seats with M6 seats. They are more comfortable, they have lumbar support, and bolster adjustment, and they aren’t falling apart. Write up coming... eventually.

I didn’t get it detailed yet but that’s ok.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213