I have been wanting a ZHP for a really long time, and since I sold my H3 recently, I thought this would be the perfect time. I've been into off-roading for a long time and I'm going to get another Hummer eventually. But if it's going to be a project, then I need a DD.

I looked around online for a while but all of the ZHPs I could find were either way overpriced or had super high miles or something. I found one that was close and had been wrecked and the guy wanted almost nothing for it. It also had every option that I wanted. I knew that e46s have some issues with the cooling system and some other little things, so I thought I could fix it up and do some improvements while I was at it. Who doesn't like doing mods, right?

To do list:
Maintenance stuff on engine - done
new cooling system - done
Put it all back together - done

Body shop to put bumper and hood on - in progress AND THEY ARE TAKING THEIR SWEET TIME ABOUT IT

fix headlights - They are ZKW's and the light output suuuuuucks. Also the tabs all broke off so basically nothing about the headlights is usable. I'm going to need new ones. Plus the headlight squirter thing on the left and probably the trim underneath it.

Figure out coolant leak - I don't think I put the cooling system back together correctly, because the upper hose connects to the reservoir at an angle and leaks. I found a plastic part that was supposed to go in there and put it in, but we'll have to see if that worked. EVENTUALLY *ahem, body shop*.

A/C condenser - when I took the radiator off, I blew freon everywhere, so i figured the A/C condenser was in good shape. Turns out, it's leaking so that needs to be fixed. It would have been a lot easier with the front end apart, but I'm dumb and didn't do it. This is Texas so I need to fix it even though it's November.

PICTARS

The damage:

The engine. Not too bad, I think:

My garage: