Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Looking forward to the final result

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

So, I got it back from the body shop after almost 3 weeks and they have done.... almost nothing. They bolted in the hood, and that's it. I guess he was trying to put the hood spring in and realized it was broken and then just gave up. He said he couldn't do the bumper because there were broken parts. The only broken parts were brackets... I'm at a loss here, but whatever. It cost me $64 to have a hood bolted in, so whatever. I'll just do it myself.

I'm going to take the radiator out and install a new AC condenser, reservoir bracket, and OEM reservoir, finish doing the hood, etc. I'm putting in the OEM reservoir and taking out the Mishimoto unit. It looks to me like it's a bit too big and it pushes the hose out so it doesn't get a good seal, and that's where my leak is coming from. It's either there or the bottom of the reservoir, so either way problem solved.

That should solve a few problems and make it actually driveable. I'll be able to register it, get plates, and drive it to work. most of my stuff gets here next week so i'll have to wait AGAIN for my parts. Oh well, I have my beat-to-heck police car so no big deal.

Oh yeah, to top it off, they lost my bumper. So I have to call the guy who is perpetually on lunch break and find out what he did with it (is he a stoner?) and order some new brackets and install it. Should take an afternoon (hint, hint BODY SHOP).

My next round of repairs is going to be new headlights. I'll get AL units and put my ZKW lenses in them. I might do angel eyes if I can find a deal. It looks neat, but I don't want to be too ricey. I also need new headlight trim on the left side and headlight washer nozzle.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Your wife is a Saint.

Sent from my S8+
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Keep us posted, good stuff

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I was up until 5 am or so taking the radiator out. I got my new parts in the mail today and I'm going to reassemble everything and maybe put it back in the car after work. I work a weird shift so It's not totally strange that I'm staying up this late. I'm pretty excited to get it running right.

I also have another hood spring coming ... eventually. Turns out, the hood is about a quarter inch too short. The hood itself is adjusted as far forward on the hinges as it goes, and the hood springs and latch are as far forward as they go, and i'm still lacking a fraction of an inch. I'm going to see if the hinges themselves can be adjusted forward, otherwise I'll have to grind the hinges themselves to make the adjustment holes larger. ugh. should have just gotten a junk yard hood.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Wow, you are brave taking on this project.

It sucks the body shop dicked you around.

Aftermarket hoods/parts can be real pita to deal with
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Quote Originally Posted by Oltorf View Post
    So, I got it back from the body shop after almost 3 weeks and they have done.... almost nothing. They bolted in the hood, and that's it. I guess he was trying to put the hood spring in and realized it was broken and then just gave up. He said he couldn't do the bumper because there were broken parts. The only broken parts were brackets... I'm at a loss here, but whatever. It cost me $64 to have a hood bolted in, so whatever. I'll just do it myself.

<snip>

Oh yeah, to top it off, they lost my bumper. So I have to call the guy who is perpetually on lunch break and find out what he did with it (is he a stoner?) and order some new brackets and install it. Should take an afternoon (hint, hint BODY SHOP).
    oh man... i'm sorry to hear all of this. totally ridiculous - do they have repeat customers? i mean, what kind of customer service is that?

you can definitely get this stuff sorted yourself - i applaud you patience!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I went to them before and they painted a grill for me and did a good job in a reasonable amount of time, I don't know why they're being this way now. Oh well, i guess it saves me money.

This hood is going to be a pain. i hope it's worth it.
    Last edited by Oltorf; 11-26-2017 at 01:21 AM.

I got the cooling system all done. I had to get an OEM radiator and coolant overflow tank. The mishimoto stuff fit like garbage and the radiator leaked at both ends (kinda like when you get food poisoning, huh? right? no? ok). I'm going to try and send them back and get a refund.

I took it out for a test drive and cruised around town and didn't lose any coolant at all. But, my headlights are TERRIBLE. New AL units are next after the bumper and getting it registered.

Good progress here.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Good progress here.
    Thanks, Fredo.

I got it inspected and registered today. Rebuild: Successful!

Also my wife sent me a pic of a blue M6 just now. She said "this is a neat beemer." I think she's into them now, too. I don't know if she knew what an M car was, though. Either way I think I have a winner :D

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast