Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    ok, good to know.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

I just got it back from the alignment shop after overhauling the front end. Tell you what, it feels totally different now. Steering is tight, it doesn't shake on the highway. Completely worth it to rebuild instead of just replacing that one control arm bushing. That one was shot completely, the other one was on it's way out and both inner tie rods were wobbly.

They also said my rear tires needed to be replaced ASAP and that my rear control arms were a little bent (isn't it a 5 link? which control arms?) so when I do my rear end rebuild I guess I'm replacing those, too.

Next things on my to-do list:

oil filter housing gasket - ordered the viton one. Going to do this next saturday since I'm going camping tonight
    Replace headlight washer pump
    Replace right windshield washer nozzle
    Fix left airbags - I'm getting a code for the airbag system and I think I'm going to clean off the contacts and hope that clears the code.
    Fix automatic windshield wiper sensor

Avin Avant 3 stereo
    phone holder - i got a little cell phone holder from Kuda and I like it, except it hangs down directly in front of the stereo... which is really stupid.
    Install Factory TPMS
    Fix automatic climate control sensor and replace heater resistor .. thing.. i forget exactly what it's called. but it's on the list of things that are likely to go bad.

That will be it for mechanic stuff, then it's on to cosmetic issues and THEN modifications. maybe.

oh yeah, I have a 2nd job interview on wednesday, and if I get this job then this list will get marked off a lot faster - and I'll buy a house (AND GARAGE) by the end of the year
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Sounds good, man ! Did you say the car passed recently the state inspection ? I wonder how they missed the condition of rear tires.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Sounds good, man ! Did you say the car passed recently the state inspection ? I wonder how they missed the condition of rear tires.
    yeah, that was 3 months ago or so. Probably lazy inspectors.

Good stuff!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I got my avant 3 installed. It's pretty neat, if I could figure out how to make the backup camera work. I know it works, but i can't get it to turn on when I put the car in reverse.

some kind of manual would be nice. that's a very complicated unit.

I think i'll go sit in my car and watch dawn of the dead

Quote Originally Posted by Oltorf View Post
    I got my avant 3 installed. It's pretty neat, if I could figure out how to make the backup camera work. I know it works, but i can't get it to turn on when I put the car in reverse.

some kind of manual would be nice. that's a very complicated unit.

I think i'll go sit in my car and watch dawn of the dead

Nice! I'm sure it's in the settings menu somewhere

And here I am still waiting on BP's review

Glad it's installed and (mostly) working.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Nice! I'm sure it's in the settings menu somewhere

And here I am still waiting on BP's review
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Glad it's installed and (mostly) working.

I think I need to install an app to make it work. I've looked around the settings menus quite a bit. I'll ask Avin and see. Their communication is ... sporadic at best.

Also, I got my AC recharged and it.... still doesn't work! oh boy. Summer in texas is coming so that's very bad. I got a error code for a evap temp sensor a while bad, so that might be it. i just need to figure out which one it is. They're cheap sensors, though, so I suppose I could just replace them both.

Anyone have an idea how to figure out which one is which in INPA?

So, I think I fixed my AC. I'll wait until it gets hotter to celebrate, though. I replaced the evap temp sensor and it blew cold for an entire 5 min drive to target to buy mineral water last night.

*fingers crossed*

A lot of people complain about all the electronics in newer cars, but I would have had no idea what to replace if it hadn't been for ISTA getting a fault code from this sensor. If it does fix the issue then I'll be very happy.

I've gotten most of the kinks worked out of the Avin unit. I broke a USB cable and I think that's the source of my last kink. Also, I like how the interior controls look a lot better. It was kind of strange having a storage cubby, some buttons, another storage cubby, more controls and then the stereo. It flows a lot better with the controls all together.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast