Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Updates: My A/C is running great, just in time for summer. I took it to the dealer to get it recharged and they found $7,000 (!!!) worth of stuff to fix. I had them to the A/C and that's it (cost me $3,000 - last time I go to the dealer). They wanted to fix my oil pan leak (actually, it was the oil filter housing gasket) and oil filter leak O-ring leak (really? adding a new o-ring?), new rear tires, 2 new airbags, and a few other things.

Anyways, I replaced the OFHG with a viton one and it seems to not be leaking any more. I also changed my oil and used that fluorescent liqui moly stuff. I shouldn't have any more oil leaks.

I got cheap new rear tires from discount tire. They aren't anything special, but I figure by the time they wear out my front will be gone too. My wheels are covered in road rash so I may just get a square setup and then get decent tires. That's 50K miles down the road (I hope).

I had an error code for high resistance in my left head airbag. I cleaned the connection and plugged it back in and it seems like the code has gone away. Hopefully it stays gone. The left door airbag is throwing a code too for low resistance. I don't know if I'll need a new airbag or not, but I can get them for $50 or so and it's a lot easier to replace so I may just put a new one in there when I put speakers in.

So my goals were to fix all the leaks and get rid of all of my error messages - 1 airbag and replacing the right side headlight washer plunger ought to do it. Then it's just a bunch of little things that need to be repaired and I can move on to cosmetic stuff.

I also got the back up camera working on my Avant 3. The DVR system plugs into the CCD RCA plug, not the DVR plug. Go figure. I'm posting here also in case anyone has the same issue I did. Honestly, I'm starting to wish I'd just gone with an NBT retrofit or something. Avins are so doggone glitchy.

Update on the X5 - no fix for the air suspension yet, but I think it's the control module - $600 :'( and now it needs a new brake vacuum pump. I will probably do that tomorrow.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Convert the X5 to standard suspension. The air suspension is a bottomless pit, trust me.

With the money you spend by the time you get it working properly, you could have a sweet coil over suspension.

We replaced that module twice. The first replacement failed within a year but luckily we had it installed at the dealership so the second one was free.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Convert the X5 to standard suspension. The air suspension is a bottomless pit, trust me.

With the money you spend by the time you get it working properly, you could have a sweet coil over suspension.

We replaced that module twice. The first replacement failed within a year but luckily we had it installed at the dealership so the second one was free.
    I'm thinking about it. Right now, it's not leaking or riding funny or anything so I am just going to leave it. I may not ever replace it, who knows. I swapped out the air suspension on my old crown vic because I was tired of dealing with it.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

The air suspension on the X5 is pretty cool. I can relate to why you'd want to keep it. We felt the same way until realized how much we spent fixing it. I just don't want to see you go down the same path we did
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

So, good news and bad news. Good first (or should i divide it up between E53 and E46?)

ZHP - I got the airbag recall done. That's it

E53 - had some issues with the brake booster. Fixed it, took it to the dealership to get the brake fluid flushed. Then, the brakes started locking up - very bad. It's back at the dealership now. They think it wasn't flushed correctly. I have no idea what's wrong, other than the brakes weren't loosening up and at one point they started glowing red. If I pull up on the brake pedal, they loosen up again. Who knows

Good news - the found that whoever replaced the pump for the air suspension didn't replace a seal. They replaced it and now it works. Didn't cost me anything except diagnosis. So now I can lower and lift it about an inch or whatever.

Good news about the suspension at least.
    H&R sport springs,

+1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

turns out, I put DOT 3 brake fluid in it and it made all the seals swell up. They have to replace the master cylinder (again) and all the calipers.

why am I so dumb?

Yikes! we've all been there....
    H&R sport springs,

they want $9,000 to replace the entire brake system. Brake booster, ABS module, everything. It's already been flushed so I think I can get away with doing the master cylinder and that's it. Let's hope anyways. Another DIY job.... yay.....

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast