Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    If only the seals swelled in the caliper, you should be good but there are also seals in the master cylinder and the ABS module. Also, if the only thing wrong with the caliper are the seals, you could do that yourself. Labor intensive but doable..
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

So they replaced some seal at the dealership and the air suspension started working again... for a few days. Then the warning came back and then a few days after that the rear bag completely deflated.

O_O

Any ideas? I'm this close to swapping coilovers.

Also any recommendations for coilovers? I've been looking at BC racing. They seem pretty good and a good price.
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Swap to coilovers.... you're beginning to see what I mean about the air suspension, eh?
    When you swap to coilovers, you'll have to code out the air suspension to get rid of the inactive warning message, there are threads on X Outpost that tell you how.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Swap to coilovers.... you're beginning to see what I mean about the air suspension, eh?
    When you swap to coilovers, you'll have to code out the air suspension to get rid of the inactive warning message, there are threads on X Outpost that tell you how.
    yeah, i do. they are a YUGE pain. i'd like to do some aftermarket wheels and new tires for it while I'm at it and lower it a bit but that's more than I'm willing to spend right now. I'm buying a house in April so all projects are on hold until then. I also don't want to spend any on the air suspension :-/
    John||2005 BMW 330i ZHP||1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L||2008 Hummer H2 SUT|| @oltorf.the.destroyer

Did I send you the PDF that shows the components of the air suspension? You have to trace back from that air bag. I would assume a leak would be forward of the valve. Otherwise, all the air bags would be leaking/ deflated. Also check the level sensor on that side. Check the air bag itself for leaks. Easiest way is to spray it with soapy water and see it anything starts bubbling. My rear bags weren't visibly popped but became porous. They were bubbling up everywhere.
    You'll need something like DIS or one of the other BMW software tools to clear the error. I like DIS because it has a full diagnostic routine you can run on the air suspension.
    H&R sport springs,

I gave up on the air suspension. I haven't put any money into it, but I've heard too many horror stories and getting it fixed for the first time was going to cost a lot - mostly because the dealership's strategy was to replace EVERYTHING at a 1000% mark up and hope that they got the right parts. I got the suncore kit for about $650 total. The rears are done and I'm going to do the fronts this weekend. I'm also getting new tires today. Probably be a good time to get a 4-wheel alignment. After that the E53 needs a few little things and it will be in good shape, except for my wife and kids using it every day

I thought about doing some lighter aftermarket wheels and coilovers but I'm saving up for a house down payment so that will have to wait. Maybe after these tires wear out. I really like the X5. I may keep it for a while.

As long as you're doing suspension work, checkout this video from VAC motorsports on the rear ball joints. Common failure and it will wear out your new tires in record time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_guTE2ANcIg
    H&R sport springs,

There are some threads on Xoutpost on how to delete the air suspension in the assembly code so you don't get the annoying air suspension inactive warning
    H&R sport springs,

nice, i'll take a look at both of those. I'm so close to having no warning lights and the inact susp one is the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Oltorf View Post
    I'm so close to having no warning lights and the inact susp one is the last one.
    Spoken like a true 4.8is owner
    H&R sport springs,

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast