Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    That derriere is delightful.

Congrats. Great car and welcome
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Welcome aboard.

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - anonymous E46 fanatic

Cool story, welcome!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Thanks again everyone. I am going to remove the fan, and am now contemplating the electric fan swap. Seems like people really like it. Maybe there will be a sale this weekend...

did the OFHG on Sunday. Was up until 7AM, as I was trying to clean as much oil and crud from the area as I could. what a friken hassle. doing CCV system next. I will take off the intake manifold to make things easier, as well as clean up some more. Do people idle the engine for a number of minutes to see that there are no more leaks before driving?

Yup

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Intake manifold is off and new CCV system is in. Decided to deal with potential vacuum leaks and OBVIOUS vacuum leaks as I went.
    -Replaced both tubes going to the F-connector, as they were old and brittle.
    -replaced vacuum cap on back of manifold (used a Dorman cap, even though people are saying it will fail, i'll just replace it if it does.)
    -hose going from CCV to dipstick tube had that really bad tear that people get... caused enormous vacuum and oil leak.

Gonna do a final cleaning of the area, then put the intake manifold back in. Then it will be on to fluids!

Name:  torn hose.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  388.9 KB

UPDATE:
    New fuel cap (genuine BMW)
    New oil
    new gasket and clamps for PS reservoir + flushed PS (redline D4)
    Flushed brakes (ATE gold; I was running super blue, making the flush easy)
    Flushing cooling system w/ DI H2O before putting in 50/50 mix.

Took it for a test drive last night....she drives like a dream. Suspension is so tight after new FLCAs and rear shocks. Smooth idle even after not running for 2 months. I haven't checked for codes yet, but I will bet there are no more lean codes. The funny thing is, now that I am able to hear engine sounds better, I can hear the vanos rattle which I wasn't sure of before.
    OH WELL, I will leave it for a future project, as I really don't want to open up the valve cover after JUST putting in a new gasket.
    Next on the list are tranny and diff fluids. would have done them sooner but the fill plugs are stuck.
    Also I've been getting a brake pad light since i bought the car, but PPI said pads are at 85%... I'll need to look into that.

OK so my PS system is leaking heavily from the pressure hose to pump fitting and the reservoir return hose, I cracked the return hose when manipulating it, and need a new o-ring for the pressure hose, so I ordered those parts. also noticed I am leaking coolant from the coolant temp sensor on the lower radiator hose. Supposedly it also needs a new o-ring so I ordered those.
    Here are the part numbers for anyone wondering:
    Pressure hose fitting: 64508390601
    coolant temp sensor: 13621743299

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast