Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    please don't take your BMW to Firestone...

otherwise nice work!!
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    nice work, man!

crazy how clean they are...
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    please don't take your BMW to Firestone...

otherwise nice work!!
    I get the concern. Not my first choice either, but that lifetime alignment is so tempting...
    If you read my other posts, you might gather that I am a sucker for anything "lifetime", particularly warranties and replacements

First detail!!! They destroyed the rear emblem in the washing process, so they gave me a new one
    I apologize the pictures are so big, I reduced the file size and they still stay big for some reason.

Name:  IMG_1780.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  270.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_1781.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  366.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_1782.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  603.4 KB

looks great, man!

the rear emblem thing... it happens. it's just a BMW roundel sticker on top of the plastic. kinda sad, but easy enough to replace.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

+1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Did a lot more work since the detail:

- New eccentric washers in place. Alignment scheduled for this Friday; I am going to weigh down the car as well, per Bentley Manual.
    - New windshield cowl, and I cleaned out all the detritus and dirt from the little gutter pockets at the sides...there was a lot, as well as a random philips head screw.
    - New gas tank breather valve. Waiting for P0444 to go away.
    - New fan clutch. Oil leaked out of the old one. chipped the shrowd while trying to take the old one off
    - Completed the VANOS rebuild with Beisan kit! It was an 8 hour job for me hahah...
    - In an attempt to fix my poor city MPG, I replaced the fuel filter vacuum hose as it was brittle and rotten.

Your detail looks great. When I bought the 300Ci, the rear emblem was damaged, and ECS had an emblem removal "tool" for $1. I usually just use several strands of dental floss, but thought for $1, WTH.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...ool/bmwrrtool/

It's about a two feet piece of plastic package strapping...you know, the kind you see wrapped around large/heavy cardboard boxes for reinforcement. I think we know who the "tool" was, and it wasn't this piece of plastic. LOL

Man, you're really knocking it out. Good deal! I hope you're enjoying your ZHP project as much as I am mine.

Salty
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    Your detail looks great. When I bought the 300Ci, the rear emblem was damaged, and ECS had an emblem removal "tool" for $1. I usually just use several strands of dental floss, but thought for $1, WTH.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...ool/bmwrrtool/

It's about a two feet piece of plastic package strapping...you know, the kind you see wrapped around large/heavy cardboard boxes for reinforcement. I think we know who the "tool" was, and it wasn't this piece of plastic. LOL

Man, you're really knocking it out. Good deal! I hope you're enjoying your ZHP project as much as I am mine.

Salty
    hahah so basically they sent you a giant piece of floss. They probably have entire rolls of that stuff laying around for packaging anyway. Now I wouldn't be surprised if they sold ECS labeled cardboard and market it as 'ECS Floor Mat'.
    Thanks though, yeah I got the car really cheap, so I had some budget left over to do some serious work to it. I think I have all the remaining parts already in the garage, or they are on the way. It is a really fun project for sure!
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Finished my the tranny job. I chronicle the horror of the job in a new thread called 'DIY Nightmares' ----> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...DIY-Nightmares

It was a bitch.
    But the tranny shifts a lot smoother now! Can't wait to get the DME update and make it even better.

Some pics.
    My initial plan to remove the fill plug
    Name:  torx.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  85.9 KB
    That didn't work, so I removed the tranny cross member and lowered the tranny enough to fit a breaker bar in there. Look at that filthy sump.
    Name:  tranny sump.jpg
Size:  130.0 KB
    Ended up stripping the plug because I used a T-40 instead of a T-45 (i swear a T-45 would just not fit for some reason). So we got a bolt extractor, and voila!
    Name:  got it.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  1.22 MB
    Replaced sump and new filter, now the job to refill through the cooler.
    Name:  pump.jpg
Size:  128.3 KB
    Make sure to pump oil into the line before inserting, to get air bubbles and any stray water droplets out.
    Name:  pump2.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  101.8 KB
    Everything seemed to be going well until i started pumping, and oil just leaked profusely back out from the cooler. I guess the pressure to overcome in there is too great for my set up. The tube I shoved in there was in pretty tight as well. I thought about taping it off or rigging something to prevent the leak, but decided to do it the old fashioned way.
    Name:  pump to cooler.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  79.6 KB
    Ended up getting well over 2 gallons of old oil out. It was black and nasty, but didn't smell burnt so that's good. This picture is just under 2 gallons, but a lot spilled on the floor in the process of the whole job. Funny thing, is I was only able to get maybe 1.8 gallons of new oil back in, following the procedure for refilling the sump. Car is running well, but I think I will see if I can get some more in there next time I have the car on jack stands.
    Name:  old oil.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  102.6 KB

And here is a little sneak peak into my next project
    Name:  brake job.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  271.6 KB
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Thanks for posting some pics. I did new stainless lines a few weeks ago, and if you keep the brake pedal depressed with a board or rod/pipe, it won't leak a drop. I was all ready with my vacuum caps, but they weren't needed. Hopefully you won't run into any corrosion on your brake lines and have a repeat of the fill plug. I shot mine with PB Blaster in advance to give it some soak time.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast