Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Full brake overhaul complete!
    Got the car up on stands, and lookey what I found...has anyone done anything this retarded before
    Name:  wtf.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  303.0 KB
    Name:  wtf2.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  391.9 KB
    (btw check out that clean ass tranny sump )
    Did the diff fluid first, plugs came off with out much of a struggle. I was preparing myself for some nasty smelly ass black fluid, but the old diff fluid was relatively new! No where in the records does it say anything about diff fluid, but anyway, now I got some good redline fluid in there, so I have that peace of mind.
    Brakes were a long project. Took the opportunity to clean up the calipers and paint them. Used a wire brush to clean them up, sanded them down a bit, did a couple layers of primer, followed by some high temp silver paint. Turned out pretty good!
    Name:  new brakes.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  333.6 KB
    Cleaned up the wheel hub a bit as well, coated it with aluminum antiseize (per FCP euro DIY), that should make removing the rotors next time less of a PITA; I had to bang the rotors with a hammer this time.
    Tried to adjust the e-brake while I was at it, and i think I messed up somewhere, so I need to go back and try again. The handle is really tight, but even after 7 clicks, it wont hold on a hill. I followed the 50's kid/ Pelican procedure.
    New brakes: Zimmermann drilled rotors, Akebono Euro ceramic pads, StopTech SS brake lines, new pad wear sensors. Bled the system and took her out to bed the brakes. My street has some nicely spaced u-turns, and at 11pm, few cars on the road means I can really bed the crap out of these brakes lol
    4 sets of 45mph to 10mph (moderate)
    10 sets of 60mph to 15mph (aggressive)
    then took her for a drive on the freeway for ~15 minutes

Final thoughts: DEFINITELY less bite, and so far I don't like it. Feels weird having to press the brake pedal down that much. Maybe I will get used to it; overall they work well. The biggest improvement is no more brake screech. It was really bad before; I think my rotors were warped. Did not notice any difference in the diff.

Clean up was fun
    Name:  the mess.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  454.2 KB
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Awesome job. I actually think the magnetic hardware tray on the frame is genius...if you remember to grab it afterwards...

I have trash bite with Akebono pads too. Don't like it at all. That OE bite = that OE dust tho.

For the emergency brake, pull up three clicks on the e brake handle then do all your adjustment on the brake adjuster itself in the drum. Loosen up the adjusters at the brake handle if needed.
    Less initial bite will take some getting used to. When I first put my Hawk pads in, they were the same way. I swapped the brake fluid at the same time and thought i messed that up but it was the pads... I don't even notice it now...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Awesome job. I actually think the magnetic hardware tray on the frame is genius...if you remember to grab it afterwards...
    I have trash bite with Akebono pads too. Don't like it at all. That OE bite = that OE dust tho.
    The magnetic tray was down there for 200+ miles hahah i can't believe it didn't fall off. I decided to clean my wheels while I had them off. years of brake pad dust took its toll
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    For the emergency brake, pull up three clicks on the e brake handle then do all your adjustment on the brake adjuster itself in the drum. Loosen up the adjusters at the brake handle if needed.
    Less initial bite will take some getting used to. When I first put my Hawk pads in, they were the same way. I swapped the brake fluid at the same time and thought i messed that up but it was the pads... I don't even notice it now...
    Do I need to loosen the handle adjusters before working at the rear wheels? that is what all the procedures say to do
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.

Yes, loosen them up first. The problem is if you use just the cable adjusters only, then only 1/2 of the shoe will be effective and it will never keep the car from rolling...you want to use the adjuster on the brakes until the pads are just starting to rub the drum (with 3 clicks up on the brake handle) sometimes you need to go a little tighter, you just have to feel it out. You shouldn't have to pull way up on the handle to keep the car from rolling but also, the should be no contact between the shoe and drum with the handle completely down...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

It's been a while, but here's what has happened since I was last here:
    - little paint touch up here and there
    - reglued ABC pillar fabric
    - replaced A/C compressor, condenser, expansion valve, drier/receiver and corresponding o-rings. A/C works now, but it's still leaking from somewhere. Summer is over, so taking my time to get it fixed...
    - restored headlights and replaced the brittle rubber things that clip on top of the headlights.
    - sprayed grilles and 330ci badge with plastidip, followed by gloss coat. Really happy with the results.
    - About to restore the center console with plastidip as well, and route my aux to the underside of the armrest.
    Name:  Front black grille.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  315.5 KB

Big project coming up at my next oil change:
    - oil, filter, o-rings, crush washer (gonna try liquimoly this time. running pentosin now)
    - oil pan gasket
    - ATF drain/fill (another one, just to use up the remaining valvoline I have in the garage)
    - front endlinks and tie rods
    - fuel filter and hoses
    - motor mounts/tranny mounts

I'm probably gonna rent a lift for this one!

Excellent list of stuff knocked out, front end looks great!
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

IMO, you can never change the ATF too many times
    H&R sport springs,

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    IMO, you can never change the ATF too many times
    I have a feeling that I drained more ATF than I pumped back in at the last D&F. I'm gonna drain a little less than I plan on putting back in this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Excellent list of stuff knocked out, front end looks great!

Def good stuff!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast