Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Jim

Jim

2005 330i ZHP, 145,000 mi. 1) Service engine soon light came on again. Engine began to stumble at idle. Tech diagnosed problem to be Air Mass Meter. Replaced immediatel for $450.00 . Car ran well for two days or 100 miles. Service engine light remained off until today. Engine has relapsed to rough idle. Service light has returned to on. I had the dealer install an AFE Cold Air Intake five years and 100,000 miles ago. Could this be causing the problem? 2). Driver side headlight will either stick in "bright" position or will remain in "low" position. Both will not respond to lever on stalk. Is there a switch inor near the headlight unit that controls the flap in the headlight? I would appreciate your comments on both issues. Thank you.

Jim

Can you get a refund on the MAF? Did you take Back for RE-diagnosis?no, CAI isn’t the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasserja View Post
    I had the dealer install an AFE Cold Air Intake five years and 100,000 miles ago. Could this be causing the problem?
    Possibly. Has the air filter been cleaned recently? These require regular cleaning to maintain optimum performance.

2). Driver side headlight will either stick in "bright" position or will remain in "low" position. Both will not respond to lever on stalk. Is there a switch inor near the headlight unit that controls the flap in the headlight?
    It's possible you have a bad shutter solenoid. I had this problem with my retrofitted AL projectors. One of them would sometimes not flip when I turned the high beams on. Sometimes it would take a long time to flip and other times it would ignore my request.

I think at one point Dane mentioned that you can manually move the shutter a few times to "unstick" it. You should try that; perhaps it could be an easy fix.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.