Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FS on Bat: 2003 BMW 330i Sedan ZHP 6MT 80k miles; Imola Red on Black Leather, ZCW, all records; California

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    VIN: WBAEV534X3KM04996
    Year: 2003
    Make: BMW
    Model: 330i ZHP 6MT
    Price: auction
    Mileage: currently sits at 83,341
    Transmission type: 6MT (manual transmission)
    Body Type: Sedan
    Color: Imola Red on Black Leather
    Packages: ZHP, ZCW; Performance Package, Cold Weather Package (heated seats, headlamp nozzles, pass-through rear seat with ski bag)
    Other notable options: BMW head unit Aux-in 1/8” audio cable (dealer installed long ago; will include 1/8”-to-Lightning adapter for newer iPhone connection; this aux hookup provides audio but not power), sunroof, Xenon headlamps, effectively has the Convenience package options (auto up/down windows and sunroof, remote entry), leather seats, recently re-covered (COBY) Alcantara steering wheel, other OE part upgrades (BMW Euro clear corners, RCR tails, stealth bulbs, rubber front floor mats), also replaced the stock shifter with another OEM shifter (repairing sloppy linkage)
    Title status: Clean title in my name; Registered in CA through June 2018, SMOG clear through June 2019
    Records: Since new

Hi all-

I am reluctantly selling my 2003 ZHP Imola Red over Black Leather sedan in order to make room for a larger vehicle, due to our growing family (baby girl arrived in late August!). I've provided the VIN decode at bottom of this post, along with a link to my maintenance log. I have records since new, the original Monroney sticker (aka window label), valuable recent servicing and preventative maintenance, and a number of OEM upgrades.

History
    I've only had this Imola Red ZHP since May and about 4000 miles (76,525 when I purchased). I really thought I could make it work, but I just can't stand the thought of baby, um, messes, landing in the car. My better half says we are a 2-car family, so this one has to go and be replaced by something more family-friendly.

Having previously owned a 2006 ZHP Coupe I searched far and wide for two years for a sedan to replace it and finally found in early April 2017 my desired Imola Red on Black Leather ZHP with ZCW. The car has had two prior owners (I think the first two listed owners were actually the same, based on car records) and lived in the greater Chicago area. It now resides in Redwood City, CA, about 25 miles south of San Francisco. I bought the car from across the country and had the car shipped to me in an enclosed trailer, finally taking delivery in May 2017.

Prior to sale, the car received the Takata airbag recall fix (driver & front passenger sides), a re-covered Alcantara steering wheel, new brake pads, Continental ContiPro staggered tires, an Inspection I service, and a full inside/outside detailing. I've included a few of the seller’s photos and more recent ones of my own. Happy to take more or specific ones, if you would like.

Upon arrival, I had a follow-up inspection performed at Bavarian Motorsport, an enthusiast independent BMW shop. They were impressed with the condition of the car but recommended a cooling system overhaul, based on the thermostat readings and hose conditions, and I also requested they flush and replace all fluids with Redline, per Mike Miller's Old School Maintenance recommendations. As many of you likely know, this wasn't exactly a cheap service, but a necessary one. Regardless, the cooling system should be good for another 75K miles.

I also had the shop check the shift linkage, but turned out we needed to replace the original but tired shifter and bushings with a new OE ZHP shifter to improve shift feel. I considered a BMW Performance shift kit but stayed with the OE ZHP parts.

I have installed myself (brushes shoulders off) a front license plate offset bracket, replacement of the OE amber lenses and bulbs with BMW OE Euro clear corners and stealth amber bulbs, OE matte black kidney grille surrounds (prior owner had ill-fitting aftermarket ones), new OE windshield cowl (the original was UV damaged and beginning to crumble). I have all the original parts I removed from the car (except the crumbled cowl), which will go with the sale of the car (if the buyer wants the parts). I also have on hand but not installed new Turner Motorsport Aluminum pedals, which also can go with the car. There is a car cover, but it’s not a custom-fit cover (still does the job). The car also has front BMW all-season rubber floor mats but rear seat OE carpet floor mats (I do not have the front OE carpet floor mats). Additionally, I have a brand new Bentley manual for the car. Two keys/remotes/fobs (no valet key).

The great news is 99% of the car is in excellent condition, the paint quality is great, the driver seat exterior bolster is in great shape with very little driver seat creasing (no cracking or tears), and the passenger and rear seats have barely been used, headliner and A/B/C pillars are intact, no curb rash on any of the OE Style 135 wheels, only about 4K miles on the tires and brakes, there's a new cooling system, original spare tire, complete tool kit, etc.

The picky problem areas I know of are:
    1. the driver door rubber gasket has two 1-inch sections that have been torn (doesn’t leak water or noise or anything, though), probably from exiting the car (I assume the prior owner rubbed against that when exiting the car),
    2. there are some scrapes on the under-side of the front splitter (prior owner must have scraped a few curbs or parking lot cement berms (noticeable from a couple feet at the bottom of the splitter),
    3. there are two small chips in the rear right passenger door, above the black trim, I assume from a door ding (size is smaller than #2 pencil eraser diameter),
    4. the rear windows and windshield have tint applied (I removed the front window tint following a CA "fix-it ticket"), and
    5. the center cupholder and brake handle trim has some scuffing from presumably a former owner's ring. I have replacement OE BMW parts on order and plan on installing or including.

Otherwise it's a very clean car.

Happy to take to a local shop for a PPI at your expense.

To summarize, work performed since I purchased:
    - cooling system overhaul
    - shifter replaced with OE BMW ZHP shifter
    - all fluids drained & replaced
    - windshield cowl replaced with OE part
    - installed BMW clear corners & stealth bulbs
    - license plate offset bracket
    - installed BMW matte black front kidney grille inserts
    - installed BMW Euro aspherical heated side mirrors

Maintenance log
    http://www.motorlogbook.com/ohioandy/ZHPonthePeninsula

Some pictures
    Note: Some are before I swapped the stock amber lenses and bulbs to RCR and stealth bulbs, some are after.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lmarye0ou...sZo_M-XCa?dl=0

VIN Decode
    VIN WBAEV534X3KM04996
    Type Code EV53
    E Series E46 (4FL)
    Series 3
    Type LIM
    Steering LL
    Doors 4
    Engine M54
    Displacement 3.00
    Power 170
    Drive HECK
    Transmission MECH
    Colour IMOLAROT 2 (405)
    Upholstery STANDARDLEDER/SCHWARZ (N6SW)
    Prod. Date 2003-07-23

Vehicle options
    S226A Sports suspension settings
    S249A Multifunction f steering wheel
    S403A Glass roof, electrical
    S441A Smoker package
    S459A Seat adjuster, electric, with memory
    S465A Through-loading system
    S481A Sports seat
    S494A Seat heating driver/passenger
    S495A 3-point belt and headrest, center rear
    S502A Headlight cleaning system
    S522A Xenon Light
    S534A Automatic air conditioning
    S640A Preparation f tel.installation universal
    S650A CD player
    S674A Hi-Fi System Harman Kardon
    S692A Preparation, BMW 6-CD changer I-bus
    S710A M sports steering wheel, multifunction
    S716A Aerodynamics package
    S760A High gloss shadow line
    S767A Performance Package
    S770A Interior moldings Alu Silver Cube
    S775A Headlining anthracite
    S787A BMW alloy wheel, M double spoke 135
    S818A Battery master switch
    S925A Dummy-SALAPA
    S210A Dynamic stability control
    S354A Green windscreen, green shade band
    S411A Window lifts, electric, front/rear
    S473A Armrest front
    S520A Fog lights
    S550A On-board computer
    S645A BMW US Radio
    S661A Radio BMW Business (C43)
    S823A Hot-climate version
    S832A Battery in luggage compartment
    S845A Acoustic belt warning
    S853A Language version English
    S876A Radio frequency 315 MHz
    S992A Control of number-plate attachment

BMW press release, detaining the ZHP:

The 330i Performance Package has been created exclusively for the U.S. market for enthusiasts by enthusiasts at BMW Individual, a division of BMW M GmbH. There is no aspect of the driving experience that has not been enhanced by the Performance Package. Modifications to the 3.0-liter in-line six-cylinder engine, which include different camshafts and performance-modified Digital Motor Electronics, yield a ten horsepower increase to 235. For the first time in a 330i a six-speed manual transmission will be standard. With the Performance Package it will include a short-throw shifter. The package also includes a shorter final drive ratio. The benefits of these modifications are immediately apparent - the 330i with a Performance Package will accelerate from 0 - 60 miles-per-hour in 6 seconds, about half a second faster than a standard 330i. To match the straight-line performance a new sports suspension, more aggressively tuned than the 330i’s standard sport suspension, is mated to 18-inch wheels with mixed-size performance tires. In addition to the wheels and tires the exterior of the 330i Performance Package is distinguished by its Aerodynamic Package, black headlight trim, high gloss shadowline trim and a new exhaust that not only appears but also sounds more aggressive. The look and feel of the interior has been refined with cloth and Alcantara sport seats matching the Alcantara sport steering wheel. An anthracite headliner and Black cube aluminum trim complete an ambiance tailored to the enthusiast. Silver cube aluminum trim is optional. The instrumentation includes red needles while the tachometer reflects the modified engine’s 300 higher RPM limit. Production of the 330i Performance Package will begin in March 2003 with the first cars arriving at BMW centers in April.
    Last edited by ohioandy330i; 10-31-2018 at 08:45 PM. Reason: change in sale process to auction

GLWS

Thanks.

Beautiful. GLWS
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Make contact.

Sent from my S8+
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Bump for “winter is almost over!”

Bump. Now at 82,xxx miles.

Could the moderators please remove this ad or edit to reflect it is going to be auctioned on Bring A Trailer? Thanks.

Will be following this one on BaT...GLWA

Quote Originally Posted by ohioandy330i View Post
    Could the moderators please remove this ad or edit to reflect it is going to be auctioned on Bring A Trailer? Thanks.
    Done

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast