Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    Ended up getting this one. I will try it out once the car's back from the shop and give my review:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I'm looking forward to your review. I actually wanted gloss black, but went with matte black from ECS for now. Finding gloss black for a facelift coupe/convertible isn't as easy as it used to be.

Salty
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Here is what i can say so far. You get what you pay for. It seems cheap quality, looks like it was painted in a non-sterile environment (looks like some dust settled on the grilles while they were drying), a couple very small scratches here and there, but this is only visible when you put it right up to your face. My main concern is that it holds up to environmental wear, and fits properly. More soon.

Bummer. I will probably end up ordering another set of matte ones and prep them then have them professionally painted when I have the front bumper resprayed.

Salty
    Bone stock at the moment

Here is my review for https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Absolute garbage. Poor fitment (1/4" gap between grille and hood), so flimsy i thought I could rip it out with one hand if i tried, and like i said above, kinda crappy paint job. I will be returning these and inquiring with ECS Tuning if they can order some more of their gloss black kidney grilles for the facelift coupe.

If ECS can order them, I'd like to have a set. Thanks for warning us about these.

Salty
    Bone stock at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    If ECS can order them, I'd like to have a set. Thanks for warning us about these.

Salty
    Talked to ECS, they cannot special order them upon request, and have no plans to start selling them again. I am disappoint.
    I am probably gonna order the genuine right side from ECS, and look for the genuine left on eBay or somewhere else. Or maybe someone knows of a way to 'wrap' my existing grilles and make them glossy black, but in such a way that I can revert back to the original chrome if I wanted.

Wrapping the outer frames shouldn't be difficult but the inner slats would be a headache. I wouldn't be afraid of a permanent change. If you ever decide you want to go back to stock (you won't) then it's super easy to find a stock set. I have one in the garage as I'm sure many people do.

Papa G, if you want to try wrapping, there is a company that sells rolls of "shadowline" gloss. I don't know enough about wrapping to know if this is a good price or not, but they offer a narrow roll. On the grill, I don't know if that would be better or if you'd want a sheet you can wrap over the entire grill and then cut out the middle. It looks like it would be a nightmare either way with the slats, as ZHPizza mentioned. Here is the company:
    http://shadowlinetrim.com/

At some point, I may have my front bumper resprayed in Jet Black and clear coated. If I do, I plan to also have an ECS matte grill pre-prepped to be painted and clear coated at the same time. It will probably be some time later this summer before I get to it, but when the time comes, I'll post a message on ZHP in case anyone else wants a painted grill in Jet Black.

I wish you the best finding the other half of the gloss black performance grill. That's the holy grail, but probably going to be very hard to find.

Salty
    Bone stock at the moment

Has anyone found a good set of these? I need a pair for my sedan and I've looked at the options on amazon/ebay they all seem to be the same....
    2004 330i ZHP Imola/Alcantara 6MT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast