Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    Ah, but wait.

This one is extra crispy. I'm challenging Botond.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I love original Arrested Development.

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    I love original Arrested Development.

Mmmmmmmmm...Buster’s Hot Ham Water()

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the video of the rust bucket 750iL. Not everything turned out as a wanted and I had some interference with the microphone but I hope it's not too bad to watch.

Great video, thanks for documenting and putting that together for us. 3...2...1... doh; I feel your pain.

Will you be transferring the hydraulic trunk close mechanism?

That oil really shined up that plastic.

I'm loving the videos! Keep 'em coming.

Also, some sick, twisted part of me wants that E38 to fix up and bring back to its former glory.

I think I just heard my wallet whimper.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Great video, thanks for documenting and putting that together for us. 3...2...1... doh; I feel your pain.

Will you be transferring the hydraulic trunk close mechanism?
    Haha, that was pretty stupid of me. The funnel came with the oil and I thought might as well use it so I don't spill anything... Yet I kept using it after the mishap.

That immediately crossed my mind as that is a really cool feature to have on a '90s car but it's a lot of work to retrofit it, the wiring and then cutting out the hole on the inner side of the rear quarter panel.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    That oil really shined up that plastic.
    Now there's a top tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplian View Post
    I'm loving the videos! Keep 'em coming.

Also, some sick, twisted part of me wants that E38 to fix up and bring back to its former glory.

I think I just heard my wallet whimper.
    Thank you! Appreciate the good feedback.

Me too, it's been so neglected that it deserves better, it has good bones but rust is too much fore me. Btw, E38 goes well next to E46.

Update incoming.

I haven't done much on the M5 to be honest, just racking up the kilometers on it and it's been trouble-free (knock on wood). We are at 187k km / 116k miles.

Insurance luckily covered the stolen mirrors and now I'm finally complete in that regard as I bought new/used ones. The Chinese glass worked fine for a while but they start wobbling a lot when at speed.

Scored this used but never installed right side mirror glass on eBay for half of the price of the new one.

And for the left side, I found a used one that's in good nick for a reasonable price. Hopefully, these don't end up stolen. 😊

Changed cabin air filters awhile back, I do this yearly.

E31 arrived swiftly the same week I bought it, a Polish company picked it up on Thursday 7 pm and the car was already in Frankfurt on Friday evening 10 pm.

It's a work in progress and yesterday I got it to run! So far it's what you'd expect, wrong and loose spark plugs, disconnected or dead ignition wires... I'm working on the video as well, it'll be the first car buying road trip that I video documented.

Last weekend I took a break from working on cars and we went to Austria, just across the border and made a tour to Bavaria with a visit to the Neuschwanstein Castle.

Lots of traffic and congestion on the way but totally worth it.

Front wheels are totally coated with brake dust hence the color difference, D2Racing sport pads have a great stopping power but man do they dust.

We stayed in the hotel right under the Highline179 which is one the longest suspension bridges for pedestrians in the world with a span of 403 meters (1,322 ft).

It's super sketchy walking on this thing as it's very wobbly and floaty but you get used to it after a while.

Would love to see the wrench for this giant nut.

The next day we headed to Bavaria. First was the visit to Hohenschwangau Castle which is the smaller one of the 2.
    We had a short tour inside but it was not allowed to take photos.

And the Neuschwanstein castle.

Beautiful scenery combined with amazing history, I definitely recommend a visit to this special place. Just make sure you book the tickets online like we did as there's a ton of visitors which is probably the only downside.

Obligatory M5 pics with a beautiful backdrop. One of these days, I'll get a proper camera and possibly learn how to take good pictures...

Then I had a close call with a wooden peg.

That's it for now. I'm making progress on the E38 as well but it keeps getting increasingly annoying working on it as I keep finding hack jobs all over the place. Just replaced the whining power steering pump just to find out the pump wasn't bad but they improperly deleted the SLS and routed the lines causing the pump to whine. Next are the intake manifolds were somehow they managed to brake and then bodge one of the vacuum pipe connectors...

Great pictures of Schloß Neuschwanstein! I was in Bavaria 11 years ago and all of my photos are shit quality from a point and shoot. And it was very foggy when we were at the overlook. Thanks for sparking some great memories!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast