Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 25 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Ok great info. I'm most likely going with DMF and Sachs performance clutch... I wonder if it's the same as the one one sold in the states. No one here on the site has ever seen or used one...
    My main concern is effort pushing it in as I've had 4 surgeries on my clutch knee over the years
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Yeah, then you have to choose wisely. I'm not sure either but I think mine is different than out of the box Sachs performance clutch.

All I can tell you is that my current clutch has a softer pedal and takes less effort than the Luk clutch in my previous M5. I prefer the current setup in every way.

A couple of small updates.

Got tired of looking at dead pixels in the cluster so I got that sorted with a silver ribbon cable from Pixelfix.

Didn't take many pictures as I've already done this on my previous M5 and documented it better then.

Some preventive maintenance. I had an invoice that intake camshaft position sensors were replaced back in 2014 but nothing for exhaust CPS.
    If you guys remember at the beginning of this thread, I bought my silver M5 with a CEL and knocking vanos which were caused by a bad exhaust CPS so figured this is a good piece of mind.

I used OEM sensors with BMW logo grinned off.

Didn't have any problems with this prior to replacing it preventively and didn't feel any change after.

Other then that, I've been just driving the car and enjoying it.

With the morning temperatures starting around 4°C thermostat is next in the line for replacement as it can't hold a steady temperature.
    I have parts for that coming and decided to replace the water pump as pm while in there. I actually got a friend from Tennessee to send me a wp from the States.
    Reason being the preposterous difference in price - cheapest I could find it in Germany is $460 (German eBay) or $550 at the stealer vs $236 in the US. Even though the shipping is pricey it should save me few bucks.

Had a short outing to the city of Lyon where I struck out to buy an e46 M3.

Truly fascinating city and I'll do a full write up when I have more time.

Also made a quick in and out to Paris to check out 1992 Audi C4 S4. Didn't buy it but still thinking about it.

I only had enough time to get a quick glimpse of the Eiffel tower before catching the next bullet train back to Germany.

Next Friday I'm joining M Flight in visiting Alpha-N Performance/Ohlins suspension factory and it will be the first time for the M5 and myself to drive around the Ring. Very excited for that one.
    Last edited by Sreten; 10-05-2018 at 03:00 PM.

That M3 pretty boii

I forgot to send you pics with the phone camera lenses so I'll do that now

Great updates!
    That C4 S4 is so clean! I never seeing them in US. They probably uber rare in the Europe considering the age.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    That M3 pretty boii

I forgot to send you pics with the phone camera lenses so I'll do that now
    The M3 looks great 30 feet away.

Come closer and disappointment awaits.

Interior trashed and trim falling off, repainted poorly and now the clear coat is coming off, rims are toast, needed new tires, brakes, on the test drive something was knocking in the rear... The day before my arrival CEL and airbag light came on. '01 model, 2nd owner since 2009, 128k miles.

The car needed to be rescued and the seller was convinced this was a nice car but it just wasn't. It was on a cheaper side but we just couldn't see eye to eye on the price, we came pretty close but he didn't budge much and my gut was telling me the car was beaten and just not worth it so I didn't want to make the extra effort and walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Great updates!
    That C4 S4 is so clean! I never seeing them in US. They probably uber rare in the Europe considering the age.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks! The S4 held up pretty good for a 26 years old car.

Needs some work, few dials not working, handbrake kaput.. but the reason I walked away was lack of any service history so the kilometers couldn't be verified as original and an outer head gasket leak which he of course didn't bother to mention.

He said it's common and someone else told me the same, it wasn't using any coolant according to him and engine sounds sweet. I don't know much about Audis but a leak of that sort in my opinion needs to be addressed asap. I walked away for now, but I might come back for it (if it doesn't sell) as everything else was solid, interior, body...

In other news - picking up Stratus grey e46 this evening!

That M3 looks pretty hammered.... the noise in the rear could very well be torn subframe mounts. can't believe how clean the interior is on the Audi
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    That M3 looks pretty hammered.... the noise in the rear could very well be torn subframe mounts. can't believe how clean the interior is on the Audi
    Yeah, without getting M3 up in the air it would be tough to tell. Audi held up very good on the inside, seats, steering wheel, gear knob... all perfect.

Soooo, brought the e46 home last week and commenced a small refreshment job. It's a '02 325i M Sport Individual finished in striking Stratus grey, has 140k miles and needs lots of TLC.
    Mostly stock apart from hideous aftermarket radio and H&R springs which actually ride pretty well.

It being a German car all its life the major drawback is naturally rust which started to show on common places like rear fenders and rear right door. I bought it as a flip car but mostly cause I really liked the color and I wanted something familiar to tinker with. The margin for profit is slim to none on this car so it's amusing fixing it up on a shoestring budget.

Even though I knew all of this when I inspected it, I simply missed driving the e46. I sold my ZHP when I left California in February 2016 and been longing for another one since then. This one will be fixed up and passed on, but I'm looking out for a 330i M sport in near future.

Parts arrived and started addressing usual e46 stuff.

Leaky valve cover gasket replaced. The old gasket turned into plastic and was a pain to separate from the cover.

Besides that replaced lower and upper intake boot, inspected DISA, filters and oil, spark plugs, belts & pulleys, steering coupler...

Yummy power steering fluid.

Fake Chinese $15 ZHP shift knob did the trick.

The steering was just plain nasty, it's like someone took sandpaper and rubbed all over it.

I had a lovely freshly rewrapped steering wheel laying around which I actually bought to put in my previous M5 and since the steering wheel in my current M5 is still in great condition I never used it. So I test fitted it in the e46.

It's a piece of art. When I ordered this steering wheel I specifically asked the guy to use the same leather material like on OEM wheels so I get that perfect matching finish of OEM steering wheel. It is also a bit thicker so it feels great.

I didn't want to use this wheel in my M5 because mine is still in great condition and I wanted to keep its originality, but after driving e46 with it, I'm on the fence to put it in the M5. It's just awesome.
    I think I'll swap the lower trim piece and airbag from e46 to M5 since that one appears to be in better state cosmetically but I'll think about the steering wheel.

Few pics of how the car sits at the moment.

After giving the love to the 325i, it decided to reward me with hesitation and misfiring in lower rpms, any gear under 2000 rpm and it'll start misfiring. Plugged in PA soft, gave it some gas and it throws a code for ignition activation, spark too short on cylinder #5. Swapped the coil from cylinder #5 to #2, cleared the codes and got the same error on cylinder #2 now. Definitely a defective coil so the new one is coming.

The steering was also a bit off center to the right in a straight line so took it for alignment yesterday just to get a call an hour later saying they cannot do it. Apparently both tie rod ends are seized with inner ones and whatever they tried they couldn't break it loose. They gave up quickly and another shop told me that they could try, but would charge me double or even triple for extra work so I said nein and ordered complete tie rod assemblies to replace them if I don't manage to get them moving myself.
    I'll continue working on the e46 over the weekend. I also need to replace front brakes as rotors are warped and the steering wobbles under braking.

Now the long-awaited trip to the Nürburgring with M Flight last Friday. I arrived at the location a bit before noon.
    The roads around the ring are simply amazing and I got the whiff of the sacred ground instantly.

I'd say this makes for a perfect background.

The meeting point was at the Nürburgring sign. I was the first one to arrive and got some alone time with the sign.

Then the convoy arrived. Everyone got their pics and we rolled out to Öhlins for a presentation and tour of their facility.

Lined up in Öhlins courtyard.

They prepared a short presentation about their company and showed us their working area and few of their products.

F80 M3 coilovers.

Pimped out M4 from a member from Belgium who runs Öhlins stuff.

I was told that stuff for E39M is in the works and they should come out with a new product soon. They certainly make high-quality products but a bit steep for my pocket at the moment, plus I'm very happy with Konis.

Great knowledgeable group of people who made us properly welcomed. Up next was the back-stage tour of the GP track and some history talk about the Ring.

Small historic exhibition.

Hotel with the best soundtrack?

Great seeing pit crews at work.

Look at the GP track from TUV tower.

With the backstage tour being over and learning more about the Nürburgring history, we gathered at Apex before heading off to the track.

Apex and Robert Mitchell support the club and always open their doors for us.

Truthfully, I was a bit nervous about going out to the track. I have no track experience and I don't know the circuit well enough and didn't want to wind up on youtube like Idiot crashes his M5 on the Ring.

Decided that the best course of action was to first ride shotgun in friends M3 to get a feel for it.

F80 M3 is a proper track machine and on Michelins it just grips and grips.

I felt confident enough and it was my turn. I drove a real touristy lap and was sticking to the right side most of the time and letting regulars blew past me on the left side.

The highest point of the track is 600 m above sea level and lowest 300 meters and it's crazy when you put those facts in reality, the track constantly goes up and down. You are driving flat out up the hill and if you are like me who doesn't know the track, you have no clue what's coming up.
    Earlier that the day a guy with Nissan went out and had a close encounter with armco, and another motorcyclist ended up having a bad day during my lap.

Luckily for me, it was Friday so the track wasn't that busy. Got some great shots!

My favorite shot. The M5 looks so mean on the track.

It was phenomenal fun and all 20 kilometers of the track was extremely enjoyable. Driving through Carousel is just epic.
    I didn't push the car to the limit but M5 took it like a champ. Konis are doing their job brilliantly and Falken rubber did great too.

I hope to get another chance to visit the Ring before the season ends and next time I'll have more confidence to push the M5.

This man knows how to post an update!
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Simply awesome although, your GF doesn't look that thrilled
    Those first couple of pics of you car with the track in the background... I'd be making a poster out of one of those.

Weird seeing an e46 steering wheel without any buttons on it
    H&R sport springs,

Page 25 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast