Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    That simply sounds delicious. Like the devil describing osso bucco to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    heilige Scheiße.
    Tatsächlich. Next time make a pit stop in Frankfurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    I think it's safe to say that Eisenmann exhaust is fully broken in by now.

It's my favorite mod on the car. Hitting the gas pedal and hearing glorious V8 note makes everything better.

The video doesn't do it justice, but here's a little taste.

Goddamn!! I want an E39 M5!
    -Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Sold: '03 ZHP

"There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Whammy View Post
    Goddamn!! I want an E39 M5!
    You'd better hurry - prices are going up!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Um, there's been a slight development...

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    Um, there's been a slight development...

Save some E39 M5s for the rest of us! LeMans Blue?

Si signore!

Facelift Le Mans blue M5 on black sport leather interior and titan line trim.

It's packing some goodies too.

Just got back from another crazy Italian road trip. Full report coming soon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

-Jeff | '19 JGC WK2

Sold: '03 ZHP

"There is a straight six engine at the front, a manual gear box in the middle, and drive goes to the back. That's page one, chapter one from the petrolsexual handbook." - Jeremy Clarkson

Lots going on lately. Juggling with work, cars and now unexpectedly have to change the apartment.

The biggest news, and rather depressing one, is that I am no longer the owner of my beautiful silver beast since about 2 weeks ago.
    Like it usually goes with these things, it all happened fast and unexcepted.

I wasn't planning on selling but I needed a financial injection and I had a lot of money invested in this car. On the other hand, I really didn't want to sell it simply because it was too damn nice so I told myself I would consider letting it go only for a price that couldn't be refused.

Surely, that offer came along. A 54 year old German doctor showed up to see the car and was simply blown away by the condition and everything I've done with the car. He test drove one of these back when they were new and wanted to buy the nicest example out there and was ready to pay top dollar.

He made sure that the paint was original and we counted a total of 4 rock chips on the hood, it was that perfect! For 17 years and nearly 50k miles, that's pretty remarkable.

Bought with 45k miles and sold with almost 50k, it was the cleanest car I ever owned. I'm happy that I got a chance to work on such a nice M5 and bring it back to the condition it deserves. I enjoyed every minute wrenching on it and driving it. I already miss it dearly and I know the next owner will take care of it, he actually wanted to come and get it with the closed trailer in case it was raining.

Another reason I sorta felt I was ready for a new project is simply because this M5 was a collector's car. I wanted something that I could drive more, take it to a track and don't worry about it. I like to drive my cars and I'm not the one to have a garage queen. When I was driving this M5 through the winter, albeit mild winter, Zee Germans were looking at me like I was crazy, but I'm of an opinion that these cars are meant to be driven.

Here are the last few pictures of this beautiful machine. I should also mention that the car was sold with the stock mufflers and I kept the Eisenmann.

At the same time this was unraveling, I had my eyes on 2 potential replacement M5s in Italy as I wanted to jump into something else immediately.
    One was in the middle of nowhere on an island next to Naples, and the other one was in Rome. Always wanted to visit Rome and this was a perfect excuse.

Traveling and chasing BMWs - two of my favorite things. So buckle up for another Italian road trip.
    Like the last time, I planned out the trip with my girlfriend and set off for Italy.

The journey starts with some duct tape and armrest on an airplane seat. As we all know, duct tape can fix anything, even Alitalia airplane seats.

The first M5 was located on an island of Ischia, which is close to Naples. I was 95% sure I wasn't going to buy this one, the car like a turd on pictures and that usually means it will look even worse in person. But we had a cheap flight to Naples so what a hell.

The view of the island of Ischia.

And a view of the tightly packed city of Naples.

From the airport, it was a 25 minute ride to the port in what must've been the sketchiest taxi ride of my life in a beat-up Fiat Multipla.
    You can see the guy driving in a straight line while leisurely holding the steering wheel 45 degrees off center.

Then we hopped on a ferry for a 50 minute ride to the island.

Cannoli siciliani - delicious pastry filled with ricotta and famous for the Sicily region.

First glance of the island.

The hotel wasn't too shabby either.

Now to the M5 in question. Slicktop 05/2001 Carbon black on Caramel leather interior. One owner car (father & son) and just 60k miles.
    This was a fine specimen back in the day but this poor car was never loved and the current state is simply sad.

Mechanically, the car was a disaster and looked like it was never serviced but I could live with that since most of the things I could fix myself.

But the worst part of the car is the body. I asked the guy 3 times before coming if the car had any accidents and he said absolutely none, just that the car was keyed few years ago, and it got new paint at BMW. Well, not true. The car was also hit in the rear end and there were obvious signs of repair on the rear left quarter panel and the whole trunk area was misaligned with weird gaps.

My paint thickness gauge went berserk. Orginal paint should read around 110-120 um, this one went over 1 mm.

On top of that, the paint job was dreadful. It's like somebody resprayed it blindfolded using a brush. The car was relatively cheap, but accident combined with a bad paint job is where I draw the line.
    This is a good example why you should never take the sellers word for granted and inspect the car before purchase. I would rather travel and spend some time and money then to buy it sight unseen and get a nasty surprise.

That's it as far as this M5 goes. We moved on to exploring beautiful Ischia and had a lovely evening in town.

Some Italian crushed pepper - we be putting this shit on everything

Best bruschetta we tasted so far.

And of course pasta.

The highlight of our trip to Ischia was the next day and the visit to stunning Aragonese Castle, an impressive historical monument built in 474 BC.

Some stunning scenery.

From there we hopped in a taxi to the port, then on a ferry back to Naples and by train to hit the next destination - Rome.

The real reason behind this travel was this beautiful slicktop Le Mans Blue e39 M5. The car was located in a village near Tivoli which is about 45 minutes outside of Rome.

This has to be one of the first facelift M5s as the build date reads 2000-08-31 and according to the service book, it hit the showroom floor of BMW in Milan on 18th September 2000.
    It is a 2 owner car being that the 2nd owner/family had it since 2006. Currently reads 104k miles, it has pretty complete service history, 4 keys and all books.
    Apart from the front bumper and front left fender, it's all original paint and being that it's an Italian car, without any rust! Very happy about that.

(yup, the M5 badge is in a wrong place and that'll be one of the first things I'm going to remedy)

The car has been very well taken care off with good recent maintenance like new fuel pump, new tires, intake cam sensor... and its packing some nice upgrades too.

- D2 Racing BBK 356x32mm

- ZF Sachs reinforced Clutch Kit & Flywheel by CCCMotorsport from Germany

- Supersprint Magnum exhaust

I carefully inspected the car and it ticked all of the boxes. There are few minor problems and room for improvement but overall, the condition of the car is very good.

More on the car later, it was time to explore Rome which has been on our bucket list for a long time.

There's so much to see in this remarkable city and we naturally kicked off with Colosseum.

Stunning Roman Forum.

Fontana di Trevi.

Former Roman temple - Pantheon.

Altare della Patria also known as Monumento a Vittorio Emanuele II.

Spanish steps.

Food shots.

I have a lot more photos, but I'm already afraid I'll crash the forum if I keep posting them :D
    Rome is a fascinating city and if anyone has a chance to go there, I highly recommend it.

Coming back to the car, this quickly turned into the most complicated car buy I ever had. First, it took 2 days to agree on the price and I ended up paying a bit more than I wanted, but I did like the car.
    Once we agreed on the price, it was Saturday and banks and registration offices were closed which meant I couldn't get the documents in order and they couldn't check the money. Our flight was on Sunday morning and staying until Monday was not an option since I had to be back at work.

So on Saturday night, we went to their house where I met 3 brothers, their father, and mother who was the owner of the car, and dog Max. After spending 2 hours being yelled at in Italian, my girlfriend and girlfriend of one of the brothers found a language in common to be Spanish. Eventually, we figured out what to do and they cooked us a lovely dinner and next morning we were on our way back to Frankfurt.

But that's not the end of that story. I won't bore with the details, but I did what they asked which backfired and resulted in me having to go back to Rome last Saturday to sort out some issues which they caused. It's hard enough when you have to deal with one seller, but five of them with their own attitude is a nightmare.

Anywho, we ended up with another splendid tour de Italy while M5 shopping. At the moment the car is still in Italy, and some paperwork still needs to be sorted out. I'm also trying to figure out the logistics and get it to Germany which might take a while.

Stay tuned.

Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast