Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 14 of 85 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Dude I absolutely love your car buying trips. Thank you so much for sharing. I had no plans to see Rome, but your pictures of the Colosseum just put it on my list for next year.

And my god. I cannot imagine trying to make a deal with 5 Italians. Your patience for these things is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Dude I absolutely love your car buying trips. Thank you so much for sharing. I had no plans to see Rome, but your pictures of the Colosseum just put it on my list for next year.

And my god. I cannot imagine trying to make a deal with 5 Italians. Your patience for these things is amazing.
    +1

*shakes hands vigorously in Italian*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank man! Glad you enjoyed the read. Rome is incredible, even if you take a wrong turn somewhere and get lost you'll end up seeing something fascinating. Plan at least few days for it.

Dude, you have no idea. It was one of the weirdest nights in my life that I'll always remember. I wish I had it on a video, they don't speak a word of English and the older lady would look at me and yell in Italian followed with hand gestures. It was hysterical.

Italians are great people, but for doing any kind of business you just want to pull your hair out.
    They care about nothing, and deadlines and promises have no real meaning there.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    +1

*shakes hands vigorously in Italian*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Will!

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    They care about nothing, and deadlines and promises have no real meaning there.
    Add "traffic laws" to the list and you've summed up every Italian that I've interacted with as well. Such an amazing country but such a headache to travel in. I definitely would have been to Rome by now if it wasn't in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post
    Traveling and chasing BMWs - two of my favorite things. So buckle up for another Italian road trip.
    Like the last time, I planned out the trip with my girlfriend and set off for Italy.
    first off, thanks so much for posting about your adventures. traveling and chasing cars.... and food, are definitely three of my favorite things! i love that you post pictures of the food too. and it's awesome how you can turn it into a trip for you and your girlfriend. my wife is not as patient, but if i dangled italy in front of her... she'd go along.

congrats on the new M5 - and despite the headaches, i think you made a wise choice!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I Like your story presentations... so fascinating, I see why you are eager to share. Congrats on the newest M5 I'm sure it will end up just as good as the one you sold. i like the color too
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Spent five days in Rome last summer. It was fantastic! You visited pretty much everything I did and it brought back some awesome family memories. That is a sweet ride for sure. Hope it turns out okay in the end!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Add "traffic laws" to the list and you've summed up every Italian that I've interacted with as well. Such an amazing country but such a headache to travel in. I definitely would have been to Rome by now if it wasn't in Italy.
    Haha, yes. They basically have no traffic laws. They drove us from hotel to their house and the guy run through 4 red lights like it was nothing.
    When I was test driving the car, I stopped at the crosswalk to let the pedestrian cross and they were like We don't do that in Italy.
    95% cars you'll see in Rome will have scratches and dents all over. Bumping into other cars and objects is a normal occurrence there.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    first off, thanks so much for posting about your adventures. traveling and chasing cars.... and food, are definitely three of my favorite things! i love that you post pictures of the food too. and it's awesome how you can turn it into a trip for you and your girlfriend. my wife is not as patient, but if i dangled italy in front of her... she'd go along.

congrats on the new M5 - and despite the headaches, i think you made a wise choice!
    You're welcome, Peterman. And thanks! Food has to be part of it, we love trying out local cuisine wherever we end up going.
    She has no interest in cars at all, but we love to travel together so she can suffer through few hours of me looking at the car. I think you would be able to convince your wife with Italy too :D

Thanks. It's a well maintained M5 with nice upgrades and for me desirable color combo. I think it was a right move, I bought it for exactly half of what I sold my minty TiAg M5. Which gives me a nice budget for upgrades, I can see Koni yellows in very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I Like your story presentations... so fascinating, I see why you are eager to share. Congrats on the newest M5 I'm sure it will end up just as good as the one you sold. i like the color too
    Thanks, Robert! Glad to be able to share the story and that you enjoyed it. It'll be nicely sorted M5 once I get my hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Spent five days in Rome last summer. It was fantastic! You visited pretty much everything I did and it brought back some awesome family memories. That is a sweet ride for sure. Hope it turns out okay in the end!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks! It's a great destination for your family and loved ones for sure. Always nice to have those memories.
    5 days sounds about right for Rome, we were there for 3 full days and felt like there was a lot more to see.

this is my favorite thread on the board. thanks for sharing, and congrats on the newest ///M!

i love that this thread exists on a ZHP board lol
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    this is my favorite thread on the board. thanks for sharing, and congrats on the newest ///M!

i love that this thread exists on a ZHP board lol
    Thanks, Wes! ZHP brought me here but this quickly became my favorite car community by far. Dane created something marvelous

I didn't have many options when it came to transporting the car to Germany and I ended up with a dreadful Italian company which meant dealing with more Italians - yey.

The communication was horrible with constant delays. The deal was that they deliver the car last week to Frankfurt which of course didn't happen and they picked up the car this Tuesday in the middle of the night. Then they couldn't specify the delivery date. Even though I asked to be notified at least few hours prior, out of nowhere I got the call from the truck driver that he will be arriving in 30 minutes so I had to race across the city to my garage. I have no idea how the guy got here, he doesn't speak any German or English and then wanted me to direct him to his next delivery location.

But after so many complications along the way, the M5 is finally in Frankfurt! Appears to have arrived in one piece so I'm grateful for that.

I had a rocky start with this car but hopefully it gets better from now on. I already have a bunch of new parts coming and the goal now is to perform an inspection and get it ready for TÜV. I just can't wait to hit the Autobahn again.

Page 14 of 85 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast