Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Nice work as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Danke, San! Keeping up the momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Damn, you get a lot of stuff done at once... that's a lot of work.
    The Koni yellows are nice shocks even if you never adjust them. I installed mine a few years ago on full soft and haven't touched them since. Good call on replacing them, any time fluid is leaking out, they are most likely sucking air back in. Neither is good
    This is where I was racking my brain up. I'm not sure at what position to set them. The front ones are easily adjustable on the car but unlike e46 where it's a breeze to remove rear shocks, on e39 you have to remove the complete rear seat, rear parcel shelf and speakers just to get to the top mount and then remove fender liner to get the shock out of the car to readjust it. Essentially once you install them you're stuck with that setting unless you're willing to do the work again which I'm not.

But after talking with Koni directly I was told that their engineers recommend to keep them in factory delivered 0-setting when pairing them with stock springs which is full soft. So I'll probably do that and before bolting everything back together go for a ride and see how I like it. On M5board the most popular setting for rears is 1/2 turn from soft.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    +1

I am consistently impressed by not only the quality of the work you do, but the volume at the same time. Well done.

I still lust after your M5 now more than ever. I cannot get over my favorite BMW blue.
    Appreciate it, Will! I'm a type of dude that doesn't really have self-control and wants everything at once. I've had enough experience with M5 to know what I like and its common weak spots that need to be sorted.

I also love that feeling when fixing a neglected car and with everything you replace you can feel how the car drives better. It's a charm of owning an old BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Man your updates are awesome. Impressive work, as usual. Was there ever an LED tail light option for the e39, similar to what the e46 coupes got later in life? I remember seeing some, but I think it was a guy opening the OE tail lights that you have and putting in LED panels. Really modernized the back of the car.
    Danke danke. Don't hold me to it, but all Facelift e39s have these Hella Celis LED taillights. While e46 has dotted LEDs these are Celis strips lit up by LEDs which are not seen. There are other aftermarket options but OEM taillights are unbeatable.

The Hella Celis lights are dope. You should totally get those.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

That's about what everyone here does: 1/4 to 1/2 from full soft
    I did full soft and I really like it at that setting. I do have H&R springs though.
    Also, keep in mind there will be a break-in period so don't judge right away if you do go with them
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

What about FSD's or whatever Koni replaced them with? Too cushy for autobahn speeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    The Hella Celis lights are dope. You should totally get those.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    I love them. This being a facelift it already has them. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    That's about what everyone here does: 1/4 to 1/2 from full soft
    I did full soft and I really like it at that setting. I do have H&R springs though.
    Also, keep in mind there will be a break-in period so don't judge right away if you do go with them
    I remember having a break-in period with FSD's on the ZHP. They actually got even better as I was driving the car more.

That's my dilemma - should I leave them on full soft or 1/2 turn from full soft Readjusting them later is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    What about FSD's or whatever Koni replaced them with? Too cushy for autobahn speeds?
    Man, FSD's would be my first pick without giving it a second thought, but Koni doesn't make FSD's for the M5 anymore and the successor Special Active won't see M5 at all due to low demand they had with FSD's. They would need a firm order for 50 sets of Special Active to make that run but I just don't see that happeing with M5 folks.

1/2 turn from full soft.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    1/2 turn from full soft.
    +1

I run halfway between full soft and full hard, but I’m weird.

Also I have no idea how I missed this thread, but my lord what a gorgeous car. The E39 M5 is the most beautiful midsize sedan ever made.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Stunning looking car and amazing amount of work to keep it clean.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    1/2 turn from full soft.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    +1

This seems to be the most popular setup.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I run halfway between full soft and full hard, but I’m weird.

Also I have no idea how I missed this thread, but my lord what a gorgeous car. The E39 M5 is the most beautiful midsize sedan ever made.
    Thanks, Spenser! At least you know how do you like them.
    I agree. It looks even better in person, I remember when the buyer of the Silver M5 was driving off and I was observing from the side and thought the same - my lord what a gorgeous car.

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Stunning looking car and amazing amount of work to keep it clean.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Rus! Doing my best to bring up to its glory days.

Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast