Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Road trip story & Project thread: 2001 Titanium Silver e39 M5

I love your updates, your M5, Strasbourg, and, most of all, Glühwein!

Glad to see someone that repairs their alternators instead of replacing with questionable re-manufactured units. I haven't replaced an alternator in probably 25-30 years. I always have the original units rebuilt... same with most starters I've serviced over the years. Saves a lot of money.

Awesome Christmas pics! We were in Puerto Rico during the Christmas season a few years ago. It was so cool seeing how other countries/cultures do Christmas. I really enjoyed it
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I drool every time I get full pics of that car. I am wet with envy.

Nice werk!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, Ground Control Coilovers, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    +1

His pictures give me the really really really bad idea of hunting down one of the uber rare Avus M5s.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | M3 Front Seats | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    I admire how you have the patients to take pictures even when things are not going right. I just can’t be bothered to take pictures even if it’s smooth sailing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, San. More fun to read with pictures

It's a habit at this point, plus taking pictures when disassembling something is a good practice. It bailed me out a few times when the time comes to put it back together.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I love your updates, your M5, Strasbourg, and, most of all, Glühwein!
    Merci, Pizzaman!

Strasbourg was incredibly beautiful during the Christmas market season, but when it comes to food and drinks, Germans rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Glad to see someone that repairs their alternators instead of replacing with questionable re-manufactured units. I haven't replaced an alternator in probably 25-30 years. I always have the original units rebuilt... same with most starters I've serviced over the years. Saves a lot of money.

Awesome Christmas pics! We were in Puerto Rico during the Christmas season a few years ago. It was so cool seeing how other countries/cultures do Christmas. I really enjoyed it
    I couldn't agree more, Rob. Repairing the original unit surely beats buying re-manufactured ones from the quality and financial standpoint. Many would junk the whole thing just because of a bad regulator or bearings. I haven't dealt with starters yet, but I would def try tp repair it when it comes to that.

Definitely, we went to the Netherlands for the weekend and we had a great time. Puerto Rico sounds like an ideal destination during these cold winter months.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Thanks, Will! Once I repaint the hood and the front bumper, I'll do a complete detail with paint correction and it will look even better!

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Nice werk!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Danke, John!

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    +1

His pictures give me the really really really bad idea of hunting down one of the uber rare Avus M5s.
    I think next when you visit Deutschland and you drive mine on the Autobahn, that Avus M5 should be a done deal.

We visited city Den Bosch in the Netherlands over the weekend and had a great time with a friend. First time in the Netherlands for me and I loved it, wonderful city and we are planning Amsterdam for the next year.

The weather sucked and I didn't take many photos as it was constant rain. I put almost 500 miles on the M5 under heavy rain and it didn't miss a beat.

One wet M5.

Quote Originally Posted by Sreten View Post

I can hear the V8 from here.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031