Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Nice! I can’t wait to have one again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you! Have a garage is a huge privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    I watched your video. It's really good, I enjoyed it. I'm fluent in Spanish, that made it more interesting to watch ... Great job, sir !
    Thank you, Fredo! I'm really glad you liked it. Btw, how do you say mold or mildew in Spanish? Google translate said molde but the guy still didn't understand me.

I usually take my girlfriend with me as she's a walking translator being fluent in English, German, Spanish, Serbian and good French, but she couldn't get away from work this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Great video! Thanks for bringing us along for the trip. Looking forward to the updates.
    Thanks, Will! Makes me happy to hear that.

Mold = moho. "Molde" usually refers to a container.

Amazing, your girlfriend speaks 5 languages. She's a keeper for sure.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Gracias So I was a proper dumbass.
    Yeah, she's a keeper for sure. She's pushing me to learn German but it's a slow process.

I had some luck with 8er today. Decided to remove the timing chain tensioner to replace it as the chain was making noise.

I found this:

The old spring was more compressed and shorter than the new one.

Scoring on the piston. Still scratching my head as to how this happened.

New stuff installed, it fired up drama-free and no noise from the engine! It's working beautifully. What a relief.

https://youtu.be/p-zS8lOxiOM

And here's how the garage looks with a car in it. Shelves and tables to come. 4-post lift will go where the E38 is. It'll be tight but not bad and a lot better than what I had before.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Making more progress with the garage. Made shelves and arranged tools. The biggest annoyance and waste of time I had in past was looking for tools, well not anymore.

It's no its final shape but looking good.

My wardrobe.

vs my tools.

Priorities done right.

Anywho, I'm editing part 2 of the E38 restoration. It's taking a tremendous amount of time to finish it and I just went over 20 minutes. It'll be 100% mechanical repairs and so far I included fixing some oil leaks and complete front/rear suspension overhaul. I was planning to include spark plugs, distributor caps, belts & pulleys, fuel filter, PS pump and oil pan gasket replacement but I'm afraid the video will go over 30 minutes so I still haven't decided if I should make it longer or leave it for part 3.

In other news, guess who's up for sale.

Must be nice to have functional tools rack and shelves. It is looking very good!
    I wish my garage will be tall and wide enough, so I can have some shelves for storage.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I know by modern standards it‘s modestly powered, but surely it’s a blast to be at the helm of a V12 mated with a manual gearbox.

Also the garage is looking great.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Must be nice to have functional tools rack and shelves. It is looking very good!
    I wish my garage will be tall and wide enough, so I can have some shelves for storage.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    It's the small things that make the biggest difference, crap piles up quickly and shelves help out a lot. I'm planning to put 2 more rows above.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I know by modern standards it‘s modestly powered, but surely it’s a blast to be at the helm of a V12 mated with a manual gearbox.

Also the garage is looking great.
    Agreed, the whole E31 cockpit and long hood give that complete experience. Wish I had space and means to keep this one along the E38.

Danke, I am very excited about the garage.

Well, boys, part 2 of the E38 restoration is here!

I spent a tremendous amount of time on this one and decided on a certain format for which I'm very keen to hear the feedback. It is a long video, but I thought showing complete repairs with details while listening to ratchets, spanners, torque wrench clicking away and my heavy breathing would make for a more watchable video than to talk senselessly, time-lapse it and play some stupid music. Overall, I'm happy how it turned but there's always room for improvement.

I wedged complete suspension overhaul and sorting out oil leaks into this part.

Watched the complete video. Thanks for sharing.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Thanks for watching! Glad to hear you liked it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast