Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    I was under the impression that Carly didn’t do very much for older models like E46s, but a quick glance at the website suggests they’ve really built out the compatibility.

I had an old coworker who used it with his F30 and spoke highly of it. But that’s the extent of my product knowledge/insight.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I was under the impression that Carly didn’t do very much for older models like E46s, but a quick glance at the website suggests they’ve really built out the compatibility.

I had an old coworker who used it with his F30 and spoke highly of it. But that’s the extent of my product knowledge/insight.
    Yeah, I've never had a good impression of Carly just because for the older cars, NCS Expert & INPA are more than capable enough, and you don't have to pay insane subscription fees. But guys with newer cars seems to like it
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Solution: Ask for a sample to see if you can use the product and if it's something you can get behind.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thank you all for the input! Think I'll do that, ask for one for testing and see how it works.

I went last Saturday to the tire shop to fit new rear tires. Before I actually drove in, I cleaned the lip on the rims so their condition can be seen and grabbed the guy and told him that the rims were freshly refinished last year and don't have a single scratch on them. I asked if he can replace the tires without scratching them and he answered " Of course, no problem. I've been doing this for 30 years..."

Welp.

He successfully butchered the rear right rim. I wasn't even angry at first as much as I was heartbroken. I just couldn't believe it...

Year of research to find a place that can refinish them to original Chrome Shadow, sending them to Poland, I ceramic coated them and took great care of them not to scratch them and then this idiot comes along and f*cks them up.

Best of all, he's instant reaction was that it wasn't done by him! No way! It was obvious he was lying but then the boss showed up and started accusing me of how I came here on purpose to ask for money and for them to refinish my wheels. Just incredible. After much arguing, they still wouldn't admit it was their mistake but said to leave the rim with them and they would refinish it. I told them it's not normal paint, not everyone can repaint them but pointless... I left sad and angry and don't plan to ever go back there. Now I just want to snap that dumbass in half.

Now I need to send both rims from that side of the car to Poland and they'll try to repaint the rear one to the same shade of Chrome Shadow to match the front one. If they can't match it, they'll need to repaint both rims.

This is the main reason why I try to do whatever I can on my own, over the years I learned you just can't trust anyone.

Back to the E38. I lowered the front with Eibach springs. I think as far as the ride height goes, this is perfect.

Most importantly, the ride is still nice and comfy which was my biggest concern.

I wrapped the headliner in Alcantara. Turned out fantastic! Anyone who's followed this thread knows I've done this on the M5 last year and I did get wrinkles and creases in the finish, especially around the handle pockets. That was a big learning experience and this time I went with the same glue but sprayable so it went much easier and quicker. Technicoll 9145 Plus.

I gave it my best shot and managed to do it without any wrinkles or creases in Alcantara! I did get few small lines in front of the dome light but that's pretty much unavoidable and it goes up against the windshield so it can't be seen in the car.

Wrapped the sunroof lid as well.

Small ultrasonic cover.

This one I just painted with fabric spray. It's too thin for Alcantara.

Replacement black sunvisor and plastic painted to black.

Replaced the steering wheel. I went with a smaller and modern looking steering wheel from Facelift E39. This one is from a 60k mile car and the leather is mint.
    The old one was so big it felt like driving a bus. I think this one suits it really well.

Oh, it's also finally registered and can be driven on the streets of Germany! It's been 11 months since I imported it from Dubai and just now I bagged the first drive on the Autobahn and first grocery shopping. It drives so smooth and comfortable.

I'm so sorry to hear about your rims, I totally understand where you are coming from. I just got 2 new tires installed on my street set and I care about them as much as you do - they are 99% mint and I apply a couple coats of Poorboy's wheel sealant every year so it's easy to clean. I took it to a shop that is well-known in the local grassroots motorsports community and was a bit worried, but low and behold the only marks left on the rim were some residue that easily wiped off. And it's not like their machines were the latest Hunter touchless, just a couple young guys in their 20s that knew what they were doing. I'd recommend next time taking a bunch of closeups pics of the rim before getting the tires installed as proof that they are truly mint prior to replacement.

Also out of curiousity approximately how much was the alcantara needed to redo your entire headliner? I did my A & C pillars with some stuff that cost about $40 CAD/ 1 m2.
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Great work! That black headliner conversion looks fantastic. Bummer to hear about the wheel, how aggravating.

I think the e38 with m-parallels is one of the sleekest and best looking car ever.

Sorry about the wheels, I would’ve gone berserk given all the headaches involved last year to get them done correctly.

Awesome job on the E38’s headliner.

That ride height is perfect.

Was the E38 wheel really that bus-like? Do you know the diameter? I still think about doing the E38 heated steering wheel retrofit into our X3 but I can’t imagine I’d be happy having a bigger wheel than what’s already in that car.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

I think the e38 with m-parallels is one of the sleekest and best looking car ever.
    +1, E38 with M-Pars is my favorite full-size sedan of all time.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Like the new steering wheels. Looks minty fresh.

I'm not a big fan of those old four spoke wheels.

Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast