Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Got backed up into. What now?

On Friday I went to get a car wash and when I got out I found that my car was hit on the drivers side front fender. The only thing I can think of was that when we were at my wife's aunts place for thanksgiving, someone backed up into it. Headlight is fine, but I've got a real nasty dent and pretty bad scratches around the wheel well.

It almost feels as though the the inside lip (that you would roll if you needed to fit wider wheels) is come undone on the underside.
    I don't have collision on the car so going through the insurance is out. But I've tracked down an OG fender from another e46 facelifted sedan (probably a 325). My biggest fear is that in direct sunlight you'll be able to see a massive difference between the new fender and hood and door.
    How off do you guys think the paint will be when compared to the rest of the car? Has anyone ever replaced a whole panel, and if so was the paint at least close enough to not notice a diference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would definitely get a used fender if it's in better condition and if it bugs you to much after time, then try another route.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    I would definitely get a used fender if it's in better condition and if it bugs you to much after time, then try another route.
    I found one for 275. I feel like it's almost worth it just to try it out and see if the color is a close match.
    Which colors fade more over time, dark or light? I feel like it's a lot like clothes- dark.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Body shop, insurance?
    I don't have collision so it'll be straight out of pocket. I'm expecting it to be around $1k, after it gets straightened out and then painted.
    I'm not going to do anything now going into the winter but if I don't get a new fender I might just get it straightened out first and then painted down the road.
    Because the metal is "unfolding" underneath, I want to get that done before picking up a set of apexs over the winter, as I'll most likely have to roll them anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Painting a fender won’t cost much, get a used fender and if it doesn’t match then have it painted and have them blend it into the door.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Painting a fender won’t cost much, get a used fender and if it doesn’t match then have it painted and have them blend it into the door.
    That's a great idea actually. I didn't even think of them blending it. Awesome thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the cost of repairs you might as well have had full coverage insurance. I would highly recommend adding that. Sorry about the damage. Protect that OG baby!
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Just make sure whoever paints it guarantees their work (including color match). Then don't be shy about insisting on a good match.