Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I ordered FSD's from ECS on Nov 8th, they were supposed to ship on the 20th now backordered. no ship date in sight.

YELKOS - Lake Norman, NC
    2006 330Ci ZHP, ZPP Vert. 6MT Mystic Blue / Grey Montana leather
    purchased 8/23/17 w/ 92,000

Current Stable

2014 Audi A6 Premium Plus (wife's ride)
    2005 Ford F-150 Lariat 4X4 (Daily Driver)
    2006 Acura MDX Touring (Daughter's college car)
    Deceased (Sold)
    2006 Audi A6
    1999 328I 5MT
    1998 528I AT

I'd start with the shocks and possibly lower control arm bushings of they've never been done...

I had Bilstiens and while they are a great shock, they definitely a lot stiffer than OEM. I couldn't stand them after a year or so on Jersey roads. I swapped for Koni yellows and life is good again... so much more enjoyable!
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Yelkos View Post
    I ordered FSD's from ECS on Nov 8th, they were supposed to ship on the 20th now backordered. no ship date in sight.
    yep. i ordered FSDs for the X3 the first week of october... they were finally delivered on friday.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Koni yellows have been working great for me. I'm on a softer setting. I imagine FSDs would be even more comfortable for you. It sounds like your shocks and struts are due for a replacement.

I think the damping is a bit off with Bilstein HDs and OEM springs.

I was getting a lot of noise from pretty much any road imperfection before I refreshed my suspension so I understand your frustration. Based on your post, it sounds like you aren't looking for a softer ride (vs. OEM) but rather a quieter ride. I'm thinking just replacing the mounts will address a huge portion of the noises that are bothering you.

If you are doing the work yourself and don't care about being efficient with replacing stuff that accessible while you have the car apart, you could try doing just the mounts to address the noise. As you clearly need shocks/struts too, however, likely best to do those at the same time.

My RTABs were fine at 110k.
    My FCAs were still fine at 110k.
    Stock springs should be good for the life of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan View Post
    Why would you pick the OEM over the Bilsteins?

My car is currently at 128K. I believe the previous owner did the Z4M FCABs, but that's all I know for sure as far as the suspension. Maybe I should do RTABs as well. Do the front control arms actually go bad and need replacement?

Thanks for the helpful forum links everyone. How do you check the condition of the shock mounts and such? And I think I've read that I can keep my stock springs, unless I want to lower the car, correct? Any reason to switch?

A friend on mine has bilstein hd on his Zhp and I definitely prefer the koni yellows on mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by nsk040 View Post
    I think the damping is a bit off with Bilstein HDs and OEM springs.

I was getting a lot of noise from pretty much any road imperfection before I refreshed my suspension so I understand your frustration. Based on your post, it sounds like you aren't looking for a softer ride (vs. OEM) but rather a quieter ride. I'm thinking just replacing the mounts will address a huge portion of the noises that are bothering you.

If you are doing the work yourself and don't care about being efficient with replacing stuff that accessible while you have the car apart, you could try doing just the mounts to address the noise. As you clearly need shocks/struts too, however, likely best to do those at the same time.

My RTABs were fine at 110k.
    My FCAs were still fine at 110k.
    Stock springs should be good for the life of the car.
    Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely plan on doing the mounts as well then. I've never done this kind of repair before but my hope is to do it myself, so I'll probably try to do mounts and shocks at the same time. Sounds like from everyone's comments that I'll go with Koni over Bilstein on mine for the daily driver application.

I did see that the FSDs were marked down on ECS Tuning but are back ordered. Is the current price ($587ish) expected to go back up?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan View Post
    I did see that the FSDs were marked down on ECS Tuning but are back ordered. Is the current price ($587ish) expected to go back up?
    Yep, that's a great price.

I paid a little less, but it was due to stacking mail in rebates and cash back offers.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...773#post530773

I'd go ahead and order through ECS and just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Yep, that's a great price.

I paid a little less, but it was due to stacking mail in rebates and cash back offers.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...773#post530773

I'd go ahead and order through ECS and just wait.

its the best price i found.

ZHPizza is just like the little old lady in front of you in the grocery store checkout lane, "oooo wait a minite, i think i have a coupon for that somewhere in my purse"
    although I cant knock his final price.

I ordered back on Nov 8th still back ordered.

YELKOS - Lake Norman, NC
    2006 330Ci ZHP, ZPP Vert. 6MT Mystic Blue / Grey Montana leather
    purchased 8/23/17 w/ 92,000

Current Stable

2014 Audi A6 Premium Plus (wife's ride)
    2005 Ford F-150 Lariat 4X4 (Daily Driver)
    2006 Acura MDX Touring (Daughter's college car)
    Deceased (Sold)
    2006 Audi A6
    1999 328I 5MT
    1998 528I AT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12