Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    If I'm able to make it to the meet on june 12th I'll bring my laptop and we can update people's DME's. I have a 10amp charger, 20amps is recommended but I have had no issues. I've updated my car without any type of charger, updated other people's cars using a honda civic and jumper cables with no issues. However they have all been MS43 cars. I would definitely bypass and jump the DME relay Jim Conforti mentioned on your thread Dane before attempting it on MS45's.

spencers Guest
    Yeah, I've updated MS42 and MS43 cars (including my own), but extremely hesitant to do an MS45 car after dane's horror story!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    I'd say if you're not noticing any miss while accelerating in higher gears right at 2800 rpm and quits by 3000 rpm or getting random O2 sensor codes (not necessarily throwing a CEL) I wouldn't bother doing an update.

Barry
    Just a quick 2 cents here.... I had this exact issue when I first bought my car. From 2800-3300 rpms in 5th and 6th gear especially, I noticed a hesitation and power lag.
    After I did the Vanos seals it probably fixed about 60-70% of it and after my AA tune it was gone completely. So maybe you guys can look into those options as a fix? Just an idea.

Ebay headers | 3.38 diff | 2.5" cat-less exhaust | K&N intake | AA stage 1 software | UUC stage 1 light flywheel and clutch | UUC Evo 3 ssk | Driver Mod |

Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    Yeah, I've updated MS42 and MS43 cars (including my own), but extremely hesitant to do an MS45 car after dane's horror story!
    I just didn't have the right charger. It was a horror story, Spence...you are correct. Got an autographed dme out of it though..hehe

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I just didn't have the right charger. It was a horror story, Spence...you are correct. Got an autographed dme out of it though..hehe

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    An autographed DME by JC = WIN!!

Ebay headers | 3.38 diff | 2.5" cat-less exhaust | K&N intake | AA stage 1 software | UUC stage 1 light flywheel and clutch | UUC Evo 3 ssk | Driver Mod |

Autozone.com
    The darn little Toshiba Portege I bought to become the Mafia Terminal is so freaking fast with the SSD drive that I am using for daily stuff, I need to break away from it and purpose it back to BMW software only..
    2007 E90 328i, 2014 Jettak MKVI 1.8T

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678