Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Original Parts and Resale Value/Interest

So I replaced my original alcantara steering wheel with a brand new BMW leather wheel.

My original wheel is in pretty good shape--no tears or worn spots, and it cleaned up pretty well. I just wanted leather.

I'm debating selling the alcantara wheel, but I'm wondering if I should hang on to it for the next owner, in case they are interested in originality.

Question is, does it really make that much difference? I doubt it would be a deal breaker, but it is rare enough of a part that it should stay with the car? Otherwise it's a couple hundred bucks just sitting in my basement.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by VAB5 View Post
    So I replaced my original alcantara steering wheel with a brand new BMW leather wheel.

My original wheel is in pretty good shape--no tears or worn spots, and it cleaned up pretty well. I just wanted leather.

I'm debating selling the alcantara wheel, but I'm wondering if I should hang on to it for the next owner, in case they are interested in originality.

Question is, does it really make that much difference? I doubt it would be a deal breaker, but it is rare enough of a part that it should stay with the car? Otherwise it's a couple hundred bucks just sitting in my basement.

Thanks!
    It's not going to impact the value of the car itself. You should sell it if you need the money.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Yup, I would sell it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Sell. A lot of ZHPs came with leather wheels from factory.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Thanks, all. I appreciate the feedback!

I'll sell it and get myself something nice for Christmas!

Sell it and buy some other goodies for your car. But I confess, I have an alcantara steering wheel in my closet that I plan to clean and install some day.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles