Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    If there's an app, then problem solved.
    That should work. As long as you aren’t as cheap as I am—I have a discount subscription I have to call and renew every 5-6 months (for 8+years). I refuse to pay the full price, only issues it doesn’t include the app/streaming.

• I've futzed around with the settings and have been able to make it so that audio doesn't cut out when I'm in reverse, but I still have been unable to find the settings to stop the unit from engaging the rearview camera when I go into reverse. Anyone know how to do that?
    • It seems the unit produces a fair amount of heat, does anyone else experience a mix of warm and cold air out of the center vents even with the AC on?
    • I'm not familiar with Android, is there a way to match one of the buttons on the side to open a specific app e.g. one of the buttons opening Spotify?

Appreciate any and all help!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post

• It seems the unit produces a fair amount of heat, does anyone else experience a mix of warm and cold air out of the center vents even with the AC on?

This is normal if you're using Auto on the climate control. It blows a mix of cold and warm air to reach the desired temperature.

• I'm not familiar with Android, is there a way to match one of the buttons on the side to open a specific app e.g. one of the buttons opening Spotify?
    Yes, there is a way to map buttons, but if I remember correctly, it's only for built-in functions. It's been a while since I had it, so my memory is very fuzzy about it. IIRC, you can't use it to do actions that are outside of the OS itself. For example, you can map the button to turn the screen off, or to remap it to change volume, or a host of other system functions, but I don't think you can map it to open a specific app.

You can play around with it in the settings menu, called "Factory settings".

Here's a video on how to do it. The password he enters in the video is correct for Xtrons, "126".

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks for the video, I had seen that, but was wondering if anyone knew specifically for an app. I'll keep plugging around.

As for the temp, I never use auto. I had it on it's coldest setting on the AC, and the fan switch on the center vents was set to cold. Side vents were cold, center vent was distinctly hot on the bottom, cold on the top, which I'm guessing was coming from the heat of the head unit. Granted, this was while streaming audio and doing navigation at the same time using WiFi.

Thanks for the video, I had seen that, but was wondering if anyone knew specifically for an app. I'll keep plugging around.
    While there may not be a way to map a button to an app, you can certainly map a button to the Home screen, then just have a shortcut to the app there. It is the next best thing.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

FYI I played around with several options for reducing the brightness at night and settled on just manually activating the Twilight app. None of the apps I tried could recognize the time from the unit and adjust accordingly and I got tired of manually adjusting the brightness as needed. Twilight works great, just needs to be told when it's night time.

Also just ordered this Android 8.0 version since I installed mine into the wife's wagon to test and she ain't about to let me take it back

XTRONS 7 Inch Android 8.0 Octa Core 4G RAM 32G ROM HD Digital Multi-touch Screen OBD2 DVR Car Stereo DVD Player Tire Pressure Monitoring TPMS for BMW E46 M3 Rover75 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079QV5D2B..._Gu-XAbYRDP6ZP
    Last edited by ZHPizza; 04-06-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    FYI I played around with several options for reducing the brightness at night and settled on just manually activating the Twilight app. None of the apps I tried could recognize the time from the unit and adjust accordingly and I got tired of manually adjusting the brightness as needed. Twilight works great, just needs to be told when it's night time.
    I'll definitely check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Also just ordered this Android 8.0 version since I installed mine into the wife's wagon to test and she ain't about to let me take it back

XTRONS 7 Inch Android 8.0 Octa Core 4G RAM 32G ROM HD Digital Multi-touch Screen OBD2 DVR Car Stereo DVD Player Tire Pressure Monitoring TPMS for BMW E46 M3 Rover75 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079QV5D2B..._Gu-XAbYRDP6ZP
    Oh dub tee eff.

I'll definitely check that out.

Oh dub tee eff.
    My thoughts exactly when I was looking to replace the Eonon I had. lol
    That came out right after I bought my Xtrons...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Taking notes while I install this Android 8.0 unit:

The radio antenna connection has been fixed to match the BMW cable which greatly improved fitment in the dash

The GPS connection is new and the antenna no longer magnetic

There are a ton of new input options including three different USB ports. I only connected the USB camera that I already had installed.

The unit is noticeably faster with typing and navigating menus. I'll need a few weeks to actually test the performance, but it seems like Xtrons made a few nice improvements with this version.

Edit: This damn thing is starting up in radio or another function on its own, just like my first android headunit did. I hate it.
    Last edited by ZHPizza; 04-17-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast