Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Hardware looks very similar to my Eonon. Plugs look identical
    Modification Thread
    Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
    As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
    European Auto Source Tech
    Instagram: @CarbonZHP

Two additional questions:

• Do you feel it is likely that the Android OS will ever/can be updated to 7.X? I ask because some of these Android units, including other Xtrons units, tout Android 7.1 from the factory, yet have inferior hardware and are older.
    • Did the unit come with any Apple lightning connection cables or is that something you would have to buy separately if the goal is to connect it to the head unit?

Here's a question for az: feel free to duck it LOL. What drew you to that particular Xtrons unit? There are several Xtrons on offer and I know that for me, at least, it's very hard to suss out the differences between them.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Two additional questions:

• Do you feel it is likely that the Android OS will ever/can be updated to 7.X? I ask because some of these Android units, including other Xtrons units, tout Android 7.1 from the factory, yet have inferior hardware and are older.
    • Did the unit come with any Apple lightning connection cables or is that something you would have to buy separately if the goal is to connect it to the head unit?
    One of the reasons I bought this unit was because of its hardware. I figured if it has good hardware, someone would be more likely to make a 7.x OS upgrade for it. I was really hoping they would and would be majorly bummed if it never happened, but I knew it was a possibility that it wouldn't happen so I made sure I was okay with 6.0 in case I was stuck with it.

There were no Lightning cables provided. You will have you use your own if you wish to use USB, though I found that plugging my phone in (Google Pixel) did not allow me browse anything on it. I think the USB really is more for USB Flash drives and 3G/4G dongles than anything. I will try it again to make sure it wasn't just me being a clutz and forgetting to enable the "File Transfer" mode. I'll let you know shortly...

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Here's a question for az: feel free to duck it LOL. What drew you to that particular Xtrons unit? There are several Xtrons on offer and I know that for me, at least, it's very hard to suss out the differences between them.
    When I was looking for units, I looked at probably a dozen or so different manufacturers. Most of them would only have older units, so that discounted a large portion of them. The ones that had newer units may not have offered the better hardware, so I skipped those. I specifically wanted the 8-core 2GB RAM model with a 1024x600 screen, which narrowed down the field a lot. I think there were only two or three manufacturers that offered that configuration, and one of them was Eonon (a brand I've already owned), so I decided to try something different. I liked the fact that the Xtrons unit had a dedicated play/pause button, which is immensely helpful. The Eonon unit did not have it. I also disliked the ugly Eonon logo at the bottom of the unit, so that made my choice even easier.

So, as you can see, it really came down to who had the hardware I wanted. I helps to know what specific features you want to have an easier time choosing. For the manufacturers that offer the same specs, what sets them apart is the way they customize their OS and their hardware features and buttons.

EDIT: And wouldn't you know it, now Eonon has the hardware I was looking for with 7.1. Where the hell were they 3 months ago? I might've considered it then. lol

I'm going to add these questions and answers to the original post when I get a chance.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks for that! It's a big help.
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    And wouldn't you know it, now Eonon has the hardware I was looking for with 7.1. Where the hell were they 3 months ago? I might've considered it then. lol
    I recall some negative experiences being mentioned regarding Eonon E46 gear, but can't specifcally reference anything.

EDIT: And wouldn't you know it, now Eonon has the hardware I was looking for with 7.1. Where the hell were they 3 months ago? I might've considered it then. lol
    Below is Eonon's post on E46F about their newest head unit release, the 8-core GA8150A. Seems the early adopters are running into some issues.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1182321

As an aside, I can't find any info on who manufactures the RAM or the CPU of the Xtrons unit. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Thanks for that! It's a big help. I recall some negative experiences being mentioned regarding Eonon E46 gear, but can't specifcally reference anything.
    I think BP was one of those negative experiences.

I found some updates available for this unit from November 2017. I'm going to update the MCU and see if I get any performance or stability improvements. Unfortunately it's still Android 6.0, but I'll take what I can get.

As an aside, I can't find any info on who manufactures the RAM or the CPU of the Xtrons unit. Any ideas?
    It doesn't really matter, honestly. But, the CPU on mine is a Rockchip PX5 A53 8-core @ 1.5GHz. RAM is 2GB of who-knows brand.

I think BP was one of those negative experiences.
    Story of my life. I am a negative experience all around.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Below is Eonon's post on E46F about their newest head unit release, the 8-core GA8150A. Seems the early adopters are running into some issues.
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1182321
    That thread is quite a read. I don't think I want to travel down that road.

Story of my life. I am a negative experience all around.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

I got a disappointing email back from Xtrons today. They say they do not have any Nougat images for this unit and are probably not going to release one in the future. What the heck, man...

I guess I'm gonna have to rely on the modding community and hope they come out with one.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post

The beauty of typos.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast