Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Keep your eyes peeled for used on Fleabay. Picked mine up for $45 shipped, ashtray and all and it barely looked used, lid wasn't even scratched. Better than the one it replaced for sure

Paid $70 for this one and am pretty happy with it

Thanks for all the responses! I just shoved it in there for the moment, my father found one on eBay for ~$150. He isn't a snobbish guy by any measure, but this was one thing he wanted new. C'est la vie.

Also, the newer Xtrons unit has a different UI that comes from the factory. I can't tell if I like it more or less than the one mine/BP's.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Thanks for all the responses! I just shoved it in there for the moment, my father found one on eBay for ~$150. He isn't a snobbish guy by any measure, but this was one thing he wanted new. C'est la vie.

Also, the newer Xtrons unit has a different UI that comes from the factory. I can't tell if I like it more or less than the one mine/BP's.
    The launcher can easily be changed, so that isn't an issue if you don't like the homepage layout.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The launcher can easily be changed, so that isn't an issue if you don't like the homepage layout.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, my father's fine with it. Just interesting the layout changed.

Update:
    I installed this head unit about three years ago, and updated the apps (Spotify, Google Maps, and a handful of others) maybe six or seven months ago. That was a mistake. The whole head unit has slowed to an absolute crawl. Where switching between apps had minimal delay, it can now take upwards of 10 seconds. Google Maps frequently stops responding and I have to restart it. The weird one is that it frequently drops connection to my WiFi hotspot. Any thoughts? I'm genuinely considering trying to sell it and getting a replacement unit.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Update:
    I installed this head unit about three years ago, and updated the apps (Spotify, Google Maps, and a handful of others) maybe six or seven months ago. That was a mistake. The whole head unit has slowed to an absolute crawl. Where switching between apps had minimal delay, it can now take upwards of 10 seconds. Google Maps frequently stops responding and I have to restart it. The weird one is that it frequently drops connection to my WiFi hotspot. Any thoughts? I'm genuinely considering trying to sell it and getting a replacement unit.
    Mine recently started dropping the hotspot too. I was prepping to update it with a custom rom that's supposed to make it function much better, but don't even remember the name of it now. That was like a dozen imaginary projects ago.

Do a factory reset and try again.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213