Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Factory settings (password is 126) > other > scroll down to "Amp volume" and set it to -9db or whatever works best for you
    THANK YOU!

I fixed both the volume and the screen turning off when in reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    THANK YOU!

I fixed both the volume and the screen turning off when in reverse.
    You haven't installed a backup camera? Son...lemme know if you need some recommendations and install tips. Makes you look like a wizard when parallel parking.

You haven't installed a backup camera? Son...lemme know if you need some recommendations and install tips. Makes you look like a wizard when parallel parking.
    Haha I thought about it, but haven't bothered. I do a decent job parallel parking, especially with PDC and my (intermittently functioning) passenger mirror scrolling down. That, and living in Philly for six years means it's an art fitting into tight spaces in a short amount of time...or else

I'll take some recommendations. BP says the Avin looks cheap. I was actually eyeing the one from xtrons. The black looks good and seems like itd fit well. There just doesn't seem to be a definitive winner. Enlighten me
    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    -Dirt

2005 330CI ZHP
    Black on Black

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
    BP says the Avin looks cheap.
    Just to clarify, only the Avin accessories are cheap. The actual head unit itself is of a very high quality.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
    I'll take some recommendations. BP says the Avin looks cheap. I was actually eyeing the one from xtrons. The black looks good and seems like itd fit well. There just doesn't seem to be a definitive winner. Enlighten me

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I didn't use the Xtrons camera. I had one that came with another headunit that was supposed to fit into the license plate light socket, but it was for sedans only. I ended up ordering like 6 cameras on Amazon and stuck with this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UHG2MIA/

I chose it for a few reasons:
    1. It's centered. My wife's wagon has the backup camera offset to the right and it sucks. The wide angle makes it impossible to figure out where the car really is, so backing into a spot or parallel parking is still a bit of a guessing game. I wanted my camera to be smack dab in the middle of the car so that the lines on the screen meant something.
    2. It's cheap and puts out a good image.
    3. It had the smallest connector to route. I don't have actual pics of the connector, but you can see in the link below how small the hole was that I went through when I wired it. No need to drill a 1/2in hole in the sheet metal or some crap just to feed a giant connector through.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...553#post542553

I didn't use the Xtrons camera. I had one that came with another headunit that was supposed to fit into the license plate light socket, but it was for sedans only. I ended up ordering like 6 cameras on Amazon and stuck with this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UHG2MIA/

I chose it for a few reasons:
    1. It's centered. My wife's wagon has the backup camera offset to the right and it sucks. The wide angle makes it impossible to figure out where the car really is, so backing into a spot or parallel parking is still a bit of a guessing game. I wanted my camera to be smack dab in the middle of the car so that the lines on the screen meant something.
    2. It's cheap and puts out a good image.
    3. It had the smallest connector to route. I don't have actual pics of the connector, but you can see in the link below how small the hole was that I went through when I wired it. No need to drill a 1/2in hole in the sheet metal or some crap just to feed a giant connector through.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...553#post542553
    Did you have to do any splicing or was it plug & play? Works perfectly with reverse?
    It looks like there's a bare end to the wire, so I'm guessing some splicing is involved...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Did you have to do any splicing or was it plug & play? Works perfectly with reverse?
    It looks like there's a bare end to the wire, so I'm guessing some splicing is involved...
    Nah, no splicing really. That wire is there to tap into the reverse light, which is how you trigger the camera to come on if you're a pleb. The Xtrons (and likely Avin) units have a reverse signal wire coming out of the headunit that you can connect to the wire coming off of the camera input cable. I put a butt connector on those so that I can just disconnect it like any other plug when I want to pull the headunit. Works perfectly.

Nah, no splicing really. That wire is there to tap into the reverse light, which is how you trigger the camera to come on if you're a pleb. The Xtrons (and likely Avin) units have a reverse signal wire coming out of the headunit that you can connect to the wire coming off of the camera input cable. I put a butt connector on those so that I can just disconnect it like any other plug when I want to pull the headunit. Works perfectly.
    Hmm. Mine doesn't work this way; when I plug it in, the only time the camera turns on is when the DVR is running. Putting it into reverse does nothing.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Hmm. Mine doesn't work this way; when I plug it in, the only time the camera turns on is when the DVR is running. Putting it into reverse does nothing.
    Is it an issue of your headunit not going into camera mode or the camera not sending a signal when in reverse?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast