Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I put it through the paces on some long trips and will be sending it back.

My usage was running Waze while streaming Spotify, with the DVR recording in the background.

It worked fine for short trips and when making stops every hour. So well that I was making plans to keep it and sell my other headunit...but it crashed HARD the two times that I held my bladder and pushed it to ~2.5 hours of steady use. Both times were right as I was approaching my destination, so it left me scrambling to get navigation going on my phone while I tried to reset the headunit. I don't know if it was heat buildup or what, but even after I got it reset with a paperclip it couldn't load Waze or do anything worth a shit. Completely useless for 20+ minutes.

I already have a buggy Android 6.0 headunit that has its issues and sometimes crashes, but doesn't brick itself for half an hour at a time. I'll stick with it until Xtrons can make some small improvements to this unit.
    Thanks for the update.

Maybe consider the new Dynavin N7?

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I put it through the paces on some long trips and will be sending it back.

My usage was running Waze while streaming Spotify, with the DVR recording in the background.

It worked fine for short trips and when making stops every hour. So well that I was making plans to keep it and sell my other headunit...but it crashed HARD the two times that I held my bladder and pushed it to ~2.5 hours of steady use. Both times were right as I was approaching my destination, so it left me scrambling to get navigation going on my phone while I tried to reset the headunit. I don't know if it was heat buildup or what, but even after I got it reset with a paperclip it couldn't load Waze or do anything worth a shit. Completely useless for 20+ minutes.

I already have a buggy Android 6.0 headunit that has its issues and sometimes crashes, but doesn't brick itself for half an hour at a time. I'll stick with it until Xtrons can make some small improvements to this unit.
    I do not currently have these problems with my unit, but I think I know why this is.

I had updated Google Maps a while ago to the latest version. That completely broke Gmaps; it would constantly crash. I did some research and it appears that anything above version 9.42.3 of Gmaps would break it. From what I understand, it's a bug with Google Maps and the way it interacts with this setup. Once I did an OS reflash back to the an older version of Google Maps (kept my settings and apps), it worked fine again. It has been working fine since I restored a version of the OS that had the older Gmaps on it.

EDIT: I'm stupid - I completely ignored the part about you using Waze, not Google Maps. Well, my statement stands; I do not have the problems you described. Try doing a factory reflash of your OS and see if that eases your issues. I also have numerous firmware updates that you can try; let me know if you want to try them and I'll get them uploaded somewhere for you.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Thanks for the update.

Lol he’s got one of those too I think.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I do not currently have these problems with my unit, but I think I know why this is.

I had updated Google Maps a while ago to the latest version. That completely broke Gmaps; it would constantly crash. I did some research and it appears that anything above version 9.42.3 of Gmaps would break it. From what I understand, it's a bug with Google Maps and the way it interacts with this setup. Once I did an OS reflash back to the an older version of Google Maps (kept my settings and apps), it worked fine again. It has been working fine since I restored a version of the OS that had the older Gmaps on it.

EDIT: I'm stupid - I completely ignored the part about you using Waze, not Google Maps. Well, my statement stands; I do not have the problems you described. Try doing a factory reflash of your OS and see if that eases your issues. I also have numerous firmware updates that you can try; let me know if you want to try them and I'll get them uploaded somewhere for you.
    Oh yeah current Gmaps versions just do not work with these headunits. It's the same case with the headunit in my Mazda and is what initially pushed me to Waze. I can never go back from Waze now, especially with how well it integrates with Spotify.

And really the unit works flawlessly for trips that are <2 hours. I mean I can load it down with apps running simultaneously and it doesn't even skip the music. Some slight lag in the DVR is the worst that I've seen under normal operation. It's just that when it goes down...man...it goes down hard and cannot get back up.

I'll check on my return window and see how long I have to keep messing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Lol he’s got one of those too I think.
    The wife's wagon has a Dynavin N6 and the preloaded nav is worthless. Give me Waze or give me death.

Is this the correct relocation mounting bracket for our cars? Part no. 51167001410

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/51167001410/

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Is this the correct relocation mounting bracket for our cars? Part no. 51167001410

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/51167001410/
    Yes, or the p/n ending in "08" instead of "10"

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Lazlo View Post
    Yes, or the p/n ending in "08" instead of "10"
    What’s the difference between the two? Smokers package vs. non?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    What’s the difference between the two? Smokers package vs. non?
    Yes. The non allows for a larger compartment (separate p/n) with no provision for the light. All other supporting gear (button panel and lighter socket) work fine between the two.

Anyone futz around with the software? Been an Android user for a while, done plenty of rooting and loading custom ROMs... Wonder if anyone here has jumped in here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...evice-t3598908

Apologies if I missed this, but does this unit require any cutting for non-Nav HK cars? I understand the HVAC controls have to be relocated. Thanks.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast