Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Possible grounding issue?

For the past 2 months or so, my car will very randomly decide to just make a hiss sound when I turn the key. 9 times out of 10 when that happens, I can just turn the key back and try again and it starts right up. Another notable detail is about the same time this issue starting occurring, my headlight at night would occasionally flicker and go out. (only one would flicker or go out but it wasn't always the same one. One day the left would flicker, one day the right would flicker..) I also put installed my angle eyes not long before these issues but don't know if that could be related or not. I'm guessing it could be a grounding issue, at least for the headlight problem, but really not sure... Any suggestions would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    05 Jet Black with NB 6MT ZHP: Current
    05 Alpine White with Beige Auto ZHP: Sold
    04 Alpine White with Grey Auto 325xi: RIP

Quote Originally Posted by tomnobes View Post
    For the past 2 months or so, my car will very randomly decide to just make a hiss sound when I turn the key. 9 times out of 10 when that happens, I can just turn the key back and try again and it starts right up. Another notable detail is about the same time this issue starting occurring, my headlight at night would occasionally flicker and go out. (only one would flicker or go out but it wasn't always the same one. One day the left would flicker, one day the right would flicker..) I also put installed my angle eyes not long before these issues but don't know if that could be related or not. I'm guessing it could be a grounding issue, at least for the headlight problem, but really not sure... Any suggestions would be appreciated

I should also note I'm not normally that lazy in trying to "fix" my car, I've just had quite the busy semester with engineering and cross country.. And it always has started eventually.. (Knock on wood)

You could get back into the computer module where you spliced into for the power lead (not so sure, it has been a while that I installed my AE).

Essentially, unhook the angel eyes and see what happens.

If it continues, I would look into the battery age.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    You could get back into the computer module where you spliced into for the power lead (not so sure, it has been a while that I installed my AE).

Essentially, unhook the angel eyes and see what happens.

If it continues, I would look into the battery age.
    I'll give that a try. Thanks!