Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Alzor Style 758 on stock coupe

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-alzor-pa...-four/758-3kt/

ECS has these on sale till January for $487.46. My stock wheels are in bad shape and I've been needing an upgrade. I've got a bone stock ZHP coupe.

What are your thoughts on these Alzor Style 758. I have concerns that it will be too big and have too much open space, showing my ugly stock brakes. I also would really like to stick with 18" wheels, because it seems you start sacrificing comfort when you go to 19". It seems Alzors are reliable but heavy and I'm not sure how much it would affect my driving feel.

I like the classic E92 M3 wheels, but i want something that looks slightly updated. That's why I like these. They're clones of the new M3 Competition Pack wheels.

Thoughts on fitment/aesthetics?

Name:  758.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  84.2 KB
    2004 330Ci ZHP Mysticblau
    RIP 1991 E30 325i Cabriolet

My thoughts are I don't like them. Wish I could see them on a ZHP though because sometimes that can change your mind. Too angular and too much going on for me. What do you have now? 135's?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    My thoughts are I don't like them. Wish I could see them on a ZHP though because sometimes that can change your mind. Too angular and too much going on for me. What do you have now? 135's?

Yes i'm on stock 135's that are curb rashed and bent from previous owners. Direly need replacement.

I want to see them on a zhp too, but i haven't been able to find anything.

Ever thought about refinishing the 135's? Or do you not think they could attain trueness?

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Looks too busy to me as well on an E46, and doesn't really match the car. And too big.
    And I'm not too sure I'd trust a < $500 set of new wheels.

I'd rather spend the money on refinished Style 135's.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I agree with the other gentlemen; 19” seems too big (plus you then have to account for cost of that tire size), not in the aesthetic of the ZHP, and $500 seems cheap for new wheels.

You might reach out to 704sw, I think he got his nice, relatively low-weight 18” CSL reps for $800 or so. Or wait for an Apex group buy, I got my 17” ARC8s for $850 shipped. Or refinish your style 135s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a huge fan of those wheels either. I don't have any real experience with cheap rims, but I would rather spend more money on a nicer set of wheels than get something cheap and under budget that I end up bending or breaking prematurely.

Just food for thought. I've owned my ZHP for 6+ years and the single best upgrade I have done to the vehicle was switching to square 17 Apex Arc-8's on Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Wheels are so light I can play basketball with them off the car.

There might be some track wheels for cheap on tire rack you could browse around as well.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of those wheels either. I don't have any real experience with cheap rims, but I would rather spend more money on a nicer set of wheels than get something cheap and under budget that I end up bending or breaking prematurely.

Just food for thought. I've owned my ZHP for 6+ years and the single best upgrade I have done to the vehicle was switching to square 17 Apex Arc-8's on Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Wheels are so light I can play basketball with them off the car.

There might be some track wheels for cheap on tire rack you could browse around as well.
    Thanks for advice all.

I'd rather stay with 18's for aesthetic reasons.

Also, what's the advantage of squared wheels other than being able to rotate tires?

Quote Originally Posted by Haynix View Post
    Thanks for advice all.

I'd rather stay with 18's for aesthetic reasons.

Also, what's the advantage of squared wheels other than being able to rotate tires?
    The car has a much more neutral stance with a square setup vs a staggered setup. When I have my Arc-8's on, the car is more willing to turn in and the rear more willing to kick out than with a staggered setup. I love the way it feels when paired with the super sports.

Being able to rotate tires is also underrated imo
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    The car has a much more neutral stance with a square setup vs a staggered setup. When I have my Arc-8's on, the car is more willing to turn in and the rear more willing to kick out than with a staggered setup. I love the way it feels when paired with the super sports.

Being able to rotate tires is also underrated imo
    Exactamundo. The handling is so much more fun with a square setup.

FWIW I have 18x9 Alzor wheels on my car and they're solid for the price. Low pressure cast, 23.5lb, and $400 shipped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast